User Route PQ's Problem

B0NE

I am trying to plan a route from Toms River, NJ to Portland, ME. I create the route then create a pocket query using the route. The PQ lists about 70 caches along only part of the route up to Hartford, CT. The rest of the way it shows no caches. looking for virts, EC's, LB's, Events, webcams. The total route is under 500 miles, have it set to 6 mile radius along the route with 500 total caches. I was under the impression it was supposed to find caches along the entire route, not just part?

Edited by B0NE

If you are limiting the query to "virts, EC's, LB's, Events, webcams" It isn't surprising the number is low. Virtuals & webcams are no longer allowed and the few that remain are still around because they are grandfathered. ECs, LBs and Events are all few and far between at the best of times.

Thank you, yes, I'm aware of all that. There are many more of those types of caches north of Hartford Ct along the route I chose to Portland, Me. I looked at the live map and see them, the PQ is only giving me caches up to a certain point north from NJ.

Yeah, I should have checked your profile BEFORE hitting "Post" instead of after. Anyway, I've heard of similar gaps occurring but never any reasons.

Can you just run the route with all types selected and then filter out the stuff you don't want on your GPS/App? Or does that overload the query? Perhaps break the route up into multiple shorter sections? Good luck.

Edited by Mike in FN20hc

Yeah, I should have checked your profile BEFORE hitting "Post" instead of after. Anyway, I've heard of similar gaps occurring but never any reasons.

Can you just run the route with all types selected and then filter out the stuff you don't want on your GPS/App? Or does that overload the query? Perhaps break the route up into multiple shorter sections? Good luck.

Ya that seems the only way to get it to work, I'll just have to load them all into the same list once I'm done. Thanks