Geocaches In The Park

Anybody have some ideas of geocache containers, hides and creative places?

Nope. Nobody at all has any ideas. :ph34r:

Seriously though there's lotsbofbthreads on that topic. Lots of Google results. And perhaps even better, lots of geocacher out there that you can find and see what you like, what works, and what makes a bad geocache.

No need to delete the topic.

You're relatively new and want to place some creative hides. And judging from your other recent post, you want to make sure you have permission to do so. Don't be embarrassed. You are asking questions that 90% of new cachers may have but few rarely do.

If you are looking for inspiration, there is a cool cache container thread here on this forum that can show you some very cool ideas. Most are well beyond my ability, as I am not crafty, but they're fun to look through.

Sometimes it's good to get out of your area -- even just virtually -- to get fresh ideas that others have put out there and then take them home to your area. Since I move around a lot, I have a running bookmark list of caches to copy use as inspiration in new locations.

A lot of the threads here start where someone has a good idea and wants to get feedback on it and how to implement it. Browse through those.

But please don't be embarrassed or reluctant to ask questions. This is the internet, so text doesn't convey as well as speech and some replies may feel blunter than they were intended. (Or some may be as blunt as they were intended, because not everyone bothers to consider the impact of what they type.) Keep at it.

Or if you don't want to post anything here, hit up other cachers via private message or email if you prefer. I, for one, would be happy to help.

Yeah... Anyone who needs to ask for ideas isn't ready to place a cache.

Yeah, good thing you've never asked for ideas.

Be nice to the new guys. You were one once.

Bit of a difference between asking for opinions on an idea that has already been thought out and asking for ideas of places to hide and container ideas, basically everything that makes up a cache.

Could i have worded it better, yep.

Should OP be placing a cache if they need to be asking questions like, Nup

Could OP learn a lot by geocaching more, yep.

Bit of a difference between asking for opinions on an idea that has already been thought out and asking for ideas of places to hide and container ideas, basically everything that makes up a cache.

Yes, there is a bit of a difference. Clearly he thought the forums were a place to learn that were welcoming to new players, and you do not.

Maybe you can learn a lesson and think before you type next time. Then the forums will be a learning place for you as well.

Yes, you can word it better.

No, you don't need to worry about what a new cache hider is doing halfway around the world.

Could both you and the OP learn more about things, yes: he about geocaching, and you about being civil.

Yes, there is a bit of a difference. Clearly he thought the forums were a place to learn that were welcoming to new players, and you do not.

Maybe you can learn a lesson and think before you type next time. Then the forums will be a learning place for you as well.

Yes, you can word it better.

No, you don't need to worry about what a new cache hider is doing halfway around the world.

Could both you and the OP learn more about things, yes: he about geocaching, and you about being civil.

I think the OP is about 12 years old, owns three caches and two are archived and one temp disabled. Maybe they need an adult to help or supervise them geocaching and posting in the forum. :)

Park hides can really be a problem to maintain, they get muggled. :(