Put name of the player on the mesage...

He_Lu

Hi Everyone i need a litle help... In one zone i want to putt a menssage and in that menssage i would like appear the name of who can run the cartridge...

Like if the player is He_Lu the message appear... " I He_Lu how can i help you?" What should i do?

Thanks guys...

I wonder the same. I want to start the Wherigo with a greeting to who is playing "Greetings (username)!", without them needing to put their nick in them self. Or even when they answer correct on a question: "That's correct (username)!".

If I understand correctly, when uploading the cartridge to Wherigo.com the specific user is encoded in the cartridge so how do I use that to show their name during the duration of the game?

I use Earwigo.

I wonder the same. I want to start the Wherigo with a greeting to who is playing "Greetings (username)!", without them needing to put their nick in them self. Or even when they answer correct on a question: "That's correct (username)!".

If I understand correctly, when uploading the cartridge to Wherigo.com the specific user is encoded in the cartridge so how do I use that to show their name during the duration of the game?

I use Earwigo.

This only works if no one ever shares the cartridge.

Welcome ~~variable~~.

I use Earwigo.

This only works if no one ever shares the cartridge.

Welcome ~~variable~~.

More specifically in earwigo..

Welcome ~~Player.Name~~.

Hi razalas,

I've done it the same way like you (with ~~Player.Name~~) but when I played the cartridge on WhereYouGo I just saw "Earwigo". (I used earwigo to build the cartridge and have'nt published it yet.) Will there be the players name or a different value?

Thanks for your help

Hi Ernie444,

The player.name shows the name of the user that downloaded the Cartridge from the Wherigo.com site, if the cartrige that you played on WhereYouGo was not downloaded from the site but taken from the builder it will show the default name placed by the builder. I use the Urwigo builder and the default name is "Mr. Smith".