Logged as 'dropped' but logged incorrectly

Meow&Purr

So, Purr, my wife/partner-in-cache and I had a miscommunication...I thought she dropped a trackable in a cache and she thought I dropped it - in reality neither of us did. However I logged it as dropped and can't retrieve it to make it right, I don't have the number form the back of the trackable.

It did, however, get dropped in another cache about 200 miles away from where it is logged as dropped. Make sense?

TB logged as dropped in Cache A but it wasn't. It was actually dropped in Cache B in another state.

Silly me. How can I fix this - or can I?

Meow of Meow & Purr

So, Purr, my wife/partner-in-cache and I had a miscommunication...I thought she dropped a trackable in a cache and she thought I dropped it - in reality neither of us did. However I logged it as dropped and can't retrieve it to make it right, I don't have the number form the back of the trackable.

It did, however, get dropped in another cache about 200 miles away from where it is logged as dropped. Make sense?

TB logged as dropped in Cache A but it wasn't. It was actually dropped in Cache B in another state.

Meow of Meow & Purr

Hi- If the trackable owner is still active, you could try sending them an message/email and they can either fix it, or give you the tracking number so you can fix it.

Meow of Meow & Purr

Hi- If the trackable owner is still active, you could try sending them an message/email and they can either fix it, or give you the tracking number so you can fix it.

Unfortunately they moved & don't have it any longer. Ah well, should be interesting to watch. The pic I took of the back is just shiny with no numbers visible so, alas, I'll just watch for it to move. Thanks!

Meow of Meow & Purr

Unfortunately they moved & don't have it any longer. Ah well, should be interesting to watch. The pic I took of the back is just shiny with no numbers visible so, alas, I'll just watch for it to move. Thanks!

I don't understand this part:

Unfortunately they moved & don't have it any longer

Are you referring to the "Copy" tag?

Have you been in contact with them?

They always have the tracking number on their trackable page, visible only to the owner. It is on the upper right hand side of the page, under TRACKABLE OPTIONS and above ACTIONS

Meow of Meow & Purr

I don't understand this part:

Unfortunately they moved & don't have it any longer

Are you referring to the "Copy" tag?

Have you been in contact with them?

They always have the tracking number on their trackable page, visible only to the owner. It is on the upper right hand side of the page, under TRACKABLE OPTIONS and above ACTIONS

Yes, I've been in contact. I'm not sure they knew the ID could be found there, I didn't either.

Thank you. I appreciate your help. Always learn something new.