Images Unavailable Offline

I use my iPhone app to geocache and when I download offline caches and pocket queries, even though I set it to "download images" the app always tells me images are unavailable when I'm offline, even though the app says it downloaded them. Any way to fix this?

I use my iPhone app to geocache and when I download offline caches and pocket queries, even though I set it to "download images" the app always tells me images are unavailable when I'm offline, even though the app says it downloaded them. Any way to fix this?

The Geocaching® app doesn't currently have a way to download the images, so you must be using a different app. Without knowing exactly which app you're using, it'll be hard to give you any guidance.

The Geocaching® app doesn't currently have a way to download the images, so you must be using a different app. Without knowing exactly which app you're using, it'll be hard to give you any guidance.

I am using the official geocaching app. When I click a cache to "Save to offline list" I am given the options to download for offline use Cache Images, OpenStreet Map, and Open Cycle map.

I am using the official geocaching app. When I click a cache to "Save to offline list" I am given the options to download for offline use Cache Images, OpenStreet Map, and Open Cycle map.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you're actually using the Geocaching Classic app. The apps went through a reorganization a couple of months ago, and what was formerly the official paid Geocaching app has been rebranded "Geocaching Classic". Also, in case you haven't heard, the Geocaching Classic app has been retired and will not be updated anymore. It has been pulled from the App Store, so if you replace your phone, you can't get the app back.

Now, from what I remember, you need to put your phone into airplane mode for the offline images to work correctly. If it isn't in airplane mode, the app will still try to get the images online, which will fail because you don't have a connection.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you're actually using the Geocaching Classic app. The apps went through a reorganization a couple of months ago, and what was formerly the official paid Geocaching app has been rebranded "Geocaching Classic". Also, in case you haven't heard, the Geocaching Classic app has been retired and will not be updated anymore. It has been pulled from the App Store, so if you replace your phone, you can't get the app back.

Now, from what I remember, you need to put your phone into airplane mode for the offline images to work correctly. If it isn't in airplane mode, the app will still try to get the images online, which will fail because you don't have a connection.

Ah, thank you. I've tried with wifi off but didn't consider airplane mode and I thought I had the new app but look like I don't. Thanks for the info!