Share a pocket query with another member

rassilon256

I'm going on a caching walk with some friends next week so I set up a pocket query based on our approximate route. The results looked good and I thought I'd like to tell the others. Is there any way I can send them the preview results, or the query itself? Only one of them is a premium member.

Thanks in advance.

1. For your friend that is a premium member, you can send them a link to the pocket query's page where you've set up the characteristics. This would allow your friend to run the exact same pocket query under their account.

2. For all your friends, you can place the caches the group wants to hunt together onto a bookmark list. Premium members can run their own query off the bookmark list, while regular members can at least view the list and download .loc files.

3. Sending the pocket query GPX file itself to anyone else is technically a violation of the pocket query terms of use.

[...] Is there any way I can send them the preview results, or the query itself? [...]

Yes, there is a way: Send them your PQ's Edit Page url.

Example:

https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=ba17dc0f-7ccf-4173-b6df-347b6d55e609

Hans

[...] Is there any way I can send them the preview results, or the query itself? [...]

Example:

https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=ba17dc0f-7ccf-4173-b6df-347b6d55e609

Hans

Would a non premium membwr be able to so anything with that?

Example:

Would a non premium membwr be able to so anything with that?
No. Here's all a basic member will see:

Pocket Query

Sorry. You must be a Premium Member to access this feature.

Thank you all for your help. I suspected there was nothing I could do for the non-premium members, but the edit page link is a good idea for the premium member.

That said, one of the non-premium members produced a marvellous plan for the day with maps and routes and all sorts anyway, so my pocket query is really only useful for getting the caches onto my GPS now.