New etrex 20x and I'm losing my mind

I got my new etrex 20x after my old faithful 12 channel died. I have figured out most of the screens but am stumped now. Each time I plug it into my Mac, the screen simply displays the word "Garnin" and the usb symbol. It's been like this for almost an hour. Is it downloading something or simply stuck? All I want to do is move some caches to the device but it won't give me the chance since it's stuck. None of the buttons work while it's plugged in. Any help would be appreciated before I go crazy.

That's what it does when you plug it into a USB port at that point you can't do anything on the GPS unit, you can only access it via the computer.

Before plugging it in, make sure it's set to Mass Storage mode (main screen/setup/system/USB mode). Then when you plug it into the MAC it will apear as a removable USB drive and you can copy maps, geoaches etc. onto it.

Thank you for responding. I have the settings like you suggested and now understand that is simply how the screen looks while it's connected. With that being said, how do I know when the caches have transferred and it's safe to disconnect the gps? I know how to use the eject button but don't know how to tell when the transfer has completed.

Thanks ecanderson, you got me pointed the right direction.

For any other that may come across this and need it spelled out {as I do}, here is what finally worked.

Downloaded PQ to computer, hooked ETrex to USB. Your device will come up in the Library page on left as "Garmin eTrex 20x"

Open this, then open the brown Garmin folder.

Drag and drop, or move, the PQ to the folder named "GPX"

You should get a pop-up box for "compressed folder tools", extract all.

Your caches should now be visible in the "Geocaches" section of your ETrex.

I too have a etrex 20x, however I am using a PC instead of a MAC. I have the communicator software and have gone through the install. However when I try to Send to Device on the cache page nothing happens. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edited by David5091

Some browsers no longer accept the old NPAPI interface that Garmin uses for its Communicator program. There several threads on this here a short while back. Some browsers can still be coaxed into cooperating, but it's time to start looking for alternatives even if so.

FWIW, as a premium member, you'd normally be way ahead to learn how to use Pocket Queries and gather cache info that way.