Edit a log that has been posted on my cache?

RTechS

I know I can delete a log that someone has entered for a cache of mine that they have found, but can that log be edited by the cache owner? Possibly to remove offensive wording, spoilers, etc.? I searched through all of the options for my cache, and I don't see a way to do this.

Thanks guys.

An off color comment was made in a recent find in regards to the appearance of the cache/container, which does not even apply, as it in no way resembles said comment, as this container is a very common one that is used in most lamppost skirt hides. (It is not a pill bottle). It would be easy enough to simply edit that one comment out, but I suppose I can contact the cacher & ask them to change it.

Edited by RTechS

Thanks guys.

An off color comment was made in a recent find in regards to the appearance of the cache/container, which does not even apply, as it in no way resembles said comment, as this container is a very common one that is used in most lamppost skirt hides. (It is not a pill bottle). It would be easy enough to simply that one comment out, but I suppose I can contact the cacher & ask them to change it.

So they thought your cache looked like drugs at first? :laughing: Was it a pill fob cache by any chance? :unsure:

Thanks guys.

An off color comment was made in a recent find in regards to the appearance of the cache/container, which does not even apply, as it in no way resembles said comment, as this container is a very common one that is used in most lamppost skirt hides. (It is not a pill bottle). It would be easy enough to simply that one comment out, but I suppose I can contact the cacher & ask them to change it.

They're pretty new. I'd cut them some slack. Don't be surprised if they don't respond. After all, they think you're running a drug cartel out of a lamp post skirt ;)

Thanks guys.

They're pretty new. I'd cut them some slack. Don't be surprised if they don't respond. After all, they think you're running a drug cartel out of a lamp post skirt ;)

Wonder if the cache was clearly marked as a geocache? :anibad:

Thanks guys.

Yep, they're new cachers, that's why I'm cutting them slack and giving them the opportunity to amend their log. It may not be a big deal to some folks, but I like to think my caches are all "family friendly" and don't want them to be misrepresented.

And for the record, this container is a MKH, like a million others out there under most skirts, on guardrails, etc.

If it were my cache and I were offended by a log posted by an unvalidated member as this is the case with your cache I would simply delete it.

Update - I sent a very nice message to the cacher explaining this, and I got a very snarky response from them. I replied back "gently", giving a new cacher the benefit of the doubt, explaining my concerns but if the log is still there by the end of the day I suppose I will have to delete it. Can the cacher simply repost their same log again? Is there a way to keep a cacher from reposting an offensive log?

Update - I sent a very nice message to the cacher explaining this, and I got a very snarky response from them. I replied back "gently", giving a new cacher the benefit of the doubt, explaining my concerns but if the log is still there by the end of the day I suppose I will have to delete it. Can the cacher simply repost their same log again? Is there a way to keep a cacher from reposting an offensive log?

Sure, the poster can repost.

If a cacher continues to post offensive logs though, then a message send to the Help Center might be needed to get them to stop.

I see nothing wrong with that log. It's a fair comment about the cache container. I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit to add as a cache owner I much prefer a log that actually says something, to all the other "tftc" and "Found it!" logs on that cache. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lil Devil

"Easy find looked like drugs at first" is offensive or would give the wrong impression?

I think it gives more impression about the cache finder than about the cache.

lol - my thought exactly.

Still, I don't want cachers with small children who may be visiting the nearby restaurant to not want to consider looking for the cache because it "looks like drugs".

... because it "looks like drugs".

What container are you using? You already said it's not a pill bottle, but is it a bison tube or a film can? Both of those "look like drugs" to a lot of people.

If you're that concerned about what finders think about your container, then do a Google Image search for "cute containers" and find something better.

What container are you using? You already said it's not a pill bottle, but is it a bison tube or a film can? Both of those "look like drugs" to a lot of people.

If you're that concerned about what finders think about your container, then do a Google Image search for "cute containers" and find something better.

They said above that it's a MKH, which I would never consider to "look like drugs".

I'm not even sure what they think their generic term "drugs" looks like anyway. When I think of that term, I think of a joint, a pill, a syringe, or a little plastic baggie filled with powder. None of these are remotely close to the look of a MKH.

They said above that it's a MKH, which I would never consider to "look like drugs".

I'm not even sure what they think their generic term "drugs" looks like anyway. When I think of that term, I think of a joint, a pill, a syringe, or a little plastic baggie filled with powder. None of these are remotely close to the look of a MKH.

I think it was an UVM just making an off color post. I would just delete it and move on. :ph34r: