Copy & paste multiple cache description

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how to write up cache descriptions with the same info for multiple caches without writing each one out separately , is there a way to copy & paste the first one onto all of the others .

Thanks to anyone that may be able to help , cluedup.

Nope. Pretty sure it's not possible and I have dearly wanted that ability too, having set out quite a few series. The pages reflect the groundscape ethos that each cache is individual and allows no way to make a series easy nor to link them in any way. (Other than descriptions and your own bookmark lists) The API doesn't offer the option to add caches (afaik), so no way for third-party apps to make life easy either.

So - what do I do: I open many "New cache" tabs in my browser. I shift-tab from one to another, repeating the same step for each and cut/pasting when needed. Only when I get to the location, title and hint do I differ the input.

Doing that is the fastest way I know, but I'll be keeping an eye on this just in case someone else does have a better way!

Hi folks,

If your caches are part of a series, *pleaze* don't just copy and paste the listing description. Those of us looking for your caches may - depending on our GPSr's - have to scroll through all that information before getting to any information on the individual cache, such as the hint. Better to have a short sentence referencing the first, or bonus, cache in your series, then it's easy for the finder to know if there's any cache-pertinent information in the listing.

I often see - and understand - moans about copy&paste logs. I'v not seen many moans about copy&paste listings, but they are just as annoying.

Nigel

If your caches are part of a series, *pleaze* don't just copy and paste the listing description.

Certainly that's good advice, although what I see more commonly when there's a long cut&paste intro is that the description really never says anything unique about the cache. Which is also fine, since there's no reason they have to provide any details or hints beyond the coordinates. So I'm not sure a seeker can complain about it, although if the CO goes to the trouble of providing cache specific information, they're wasting the effort if they put it after the series introduction since not many people will notice it there.

I can see the PO's point and I think some listings could be briefer but not everyone starts at #1. There may be other starting points governed by proximity of parking so there may well be a need for the CO to have all details on each listing.

On our Garmin Etrex GPSrs we don't have to scroll down the description to find the hint, there is a field on the geocache menu for it. It also shows D/T, cache size and if there are trackables.