Favorite Points not appearing after removing previously assigned ones

PazaUK

For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem. Fav point appears when I give it but it's gone if I refresh the page or leave it and go back to it. I tried giving the fav pt then tried removing it. Even though the point showed as being there, removing it didn't work as if the point wasn't there at all.

Same to me... shows the given favo first but after a reload it is 'gone'... Or after checking another cache-site...

Checked it with different Browsers: IE11, FF 46 (both Win7) and Chrome on Android.

Edited by CaBa2000

]I have also been trying to give favorite points to a number of caches. Each time, it appears to add it, but later does not appear on my list of favorites. I am new to this and thought it might be that I just didn't do something right. Is is safe to assume it is a program problem, not a user problem?

]I have also been trying to give favorite points to a number of caches. Each time, it appears to add it, but later does not appear on my list of favorites. I am new to this and thought it might be that I just didn't do something right. Is is safe to assume it is a program problem, not a user problem?

Yes, kinda.

It's on Groundspeak's end. :)

Edited by cerberus1

Monday 9th May and same issue still there ... you add a Fav Point and it appears to have been awarded but when cache page is refreshed the point has disappeared.

Clearly a geocaching.com programming/database problem, but will this fault affect exiting Fav points caches had accumulated?

Thanks for the update from Admin.

I checked by adding a couple of Favourites and happy to see they did stay after refreshing the cache pages.

I presume Fav Points added by cachers over past week are lost - unless they go back into each cache page (that's not going to happen in practice).

Next question: this exact same issue happened 12 months ago, so is the latest fix genuinely permanent or just temporary again?

If its fixed then where are all the FPs I freed up from archived caches last week? Can they not run a refresh to recalculate our available FPs?

You need to free up again, then they get available. Since there where issues last week, the "remove from your favourites" didn't happen.

There are still issues regarding FPs:

When using the option "Add to your Favorites" within posting a new log, it still seems to be malfunctional.

I've also just had the "Add to favourites" checkbox in a log not work, so looks like this is still broken. I was able to manually add the point on the cache page.

Jeff

I noticed yesterday that my given FP's were not stored. Today I confirmed the bug by trying to give a favo first on log screen and manually afterwards. The list of users who have given FP's to this certain cache did not recognize myself and also my number of available FPs remain unchanged. Both Firefox and Opera applied.

Hi team,

I had to realize that some of my caches (e.g. GC6ZT66) do not get favorites points even so users are trying to give some. The counter and "view who favorited" is not changing till yesterday lunch time (CEST). I have cross checked with users who wrote in the log that they have given a favorite point if they have really done it and they have confirmed it. So it looks like the system is currently not giving / showing points.

Hi team,

I had to realize that some of my caches (e.g. GC6ZT66) do not get favorites points even so users are trying to give some. The counter and "view who favorited" is not changing till yesterday lunch time (CEST). I have cross checked with users who wrote in the log that they have given a favorite point if they have really done it and they have confirmed it. So it looks like the system is currently not giving / showing points.

Du hast den Threadtitel schon gelesen, oder? rolleyes.gif

hans