Unique and interesting log books

In some other threads I recently read about a couple of interesting variations on the log book.

One mentioned a "log cabin" constructed out of rolls of log sheets. Another was "a cache" that just consisted of a zip tie (let's not debate whether such a cache should have been published). I recently found a cache with a log book constructed from thin sheets of cork.

I thought an "unique and interesting log books" thread might be interesting. What are the some of the non-standard log books/sheets that you've encountered?

I've come across a log that was actually a log without the bark. I've also found a broom handle (the entire handle) that was the log and cache. GWSX had a real Jeep that was used as a log for an event. One other I can think of off the top of my head was a pine block, about 6 x 6 inches.

In our first few months of caching, we found one in New Mexico that had a metal tape measure that you pulled out and signed with a sharpie. (In fact, we stole the idea for one of our own caches.) Our favorite one we signed is the trail log on the Bright Angel Trail at the bottom of the Grand Canyon . . . it also counts as a traditional cache.

Standard but BIG

I own one like that, but it also has a giant pen. :laughing:

327b9f34-2e1e-42e1-ad54-7e4d76dc445e.jpg?rnd=0.03639728

Do you get real messages? Not just trailnames. Has anyone taken a whole page to leave a message?

I'm impressed with all the attention to detail - the big logbook, the big pen and all the camo spray paint on that barrel. You must have used up a couple of cans of spray paint.

Very generous and fun.

Here's one where the log is the container. You can sign the walls, ceiling or floor. The container is about 12' long, 4' wide, and 7' tall. Check out the gallery.

I found a similar one that was a large culvert pipe about 6' in diameter that had been removed after the new one was installed. It had a box stuck to the side with magnets containing sticky notes and was a "fridge magnet" themed cache. All the swag was stuck to the inside of the pipe.

The final stage of this one is an approved graffiti zone on a college campus. You can paint your name right on the wall as big as you want to.

Probably wouldn't get published under today's guidelines without special permission from HQ. But there were only 3-4 guidelines back in '03.

This one had a whole building as the log.

http://coord.info/GC2XZER

d339bf2d-4274-4f63-8a95-6693469fa5cc_l.jpg

Isn't there supposed to be a container and a logbook? :unsure:

Yes, yes there is. However, it was not my intention when starting this thread to identify caches which only included a log book. Nothing to see here, reviewers. Please move along.

May I suggest for future response that people don't identify the cache if it doesn't have a container and a physical log.