Error on upload

JakeDot

So I've been working on a new cartridge the past two months but every time I try to upload it, the upload supposedly succeeds, on an attempt to download the cartridge later to test it the following error message appears:

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
---> Exception of type 'System.ApplicationException' was thrown.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode)
at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Is there something I have to consider with my cartridge which is sure to lead to this error? I've been building it with earwigo, but later edited it by hand, because the graphical editor was too cumbersome for me. I'm from a programming background so it was easier for me to have it in a text editor :laughing:

Test compiling it via the Groundspeak service didn't work sometimes in the past, but right now it worked!

Using the foundation test compile service, it has always been compiling nicely (well apart from the times when I had syntax errors in it). :anicute:

Just testing again to be sure... Nope, still can't download my uploaded cartridge.

Here's a link to the cartridge page

Trying to use the WF website compiler would be my first suggestion. But you did this allready.

So look at the cartridge description. This could be to large. If I know it correct, there is a length problem. And search in the code for ' and " in comments. They often a reason for such errors too.

Thanks, that was it!

I had an Umlaut in the description, it seems they aren't wanted there. Luckily no big rephrasing needed there!

Interesting that this doesn't seem to be a problem for the compile services, only with the GWZ upload. But whatever.

Now just a last beta test and I can publish it! :smile:

I've got another problem uploading my file to Wherigo.com; I've shed some tears making this Wherigo in Urwigo, but I managed. Now I did upload it to wherigofoundation.com, where it's been accepted and all, but Wherigo.com keeps giving me errors when uploading. "Connection reinitialised" is what pops up after a while, in both the publishing page and the compiling page. And as long as Wherigo.com doesn't work... Any clues?

Oh, wow. Really? Yes, I do use sounds (that's the whole thing about Wherigo's, right?), and without those sounds the whole Wherigo is useless. And even if I do think of any way of resizing the sounds, I'm never going to get it down to 20MB. This sucks...

Note to myself: when someone uploads a cartridge to the Wherigo Foundation site, resize all images so they're no more than 1000x1000. This will reduce the amount each month I have to pay for storage space. (This is where all the Wherigo\\kit donations go.)

By the way, I think I set the WF site's cartridge limit to around 50MB. And the usual cautions apply: the geocaching reviewers have been told not to publish geocache listings mentioning or linking to the Wherigo Foundation site.