Feature request: Report log entries

lee737

I've noted some swearing etc in some logs, and thought an easy way to maybe report such would be useful - like in every forum post.... I've used the 'contact us' part of the webage before, but it is pretty convoluted, and now doesn't really have an option for this? I can keep up with the avergae drunken sailor, but would prefer my son not see this sort of stuff just yet....

Well, if I spotted such a log I would notify the cache owner, he has the right to delete logs on his caches. If he did not act I would notify the local reviewer Geocaching HQ.

Fixed it for you.

Your local reviewer doesn't care about logs. It's not a Geocache Guidelines issue. It is, however, a website Terms of Use issue, so the lackeys at Geocaching HQ will be happy to help. Use the Contact page.

OK, that is good enough for OP, but how would that work out for swearing logs in other languages? Are there lackeys speaking Czech, for instance? :)

Google is your friend. I'm sure there's no shortage of resources on the internet that provide lists of swear words in many languages. Barring that, there's always Google Translate.

...or maybe there's something like urbandictionary.cz? :laughing:

OK, that is good enough for OP, but how would that work out for swearing logs in other languages? Are there lackeys speaking Czech, for instance? :)

We are pleased to offer Geocaching.com in 22 languages.

Probably a safe bet they have a volunteer that can probably translate for them if the need arises ;)