New App Lists Feature

Stompy

I was really pleased to see that lists can be created in the app with the new release and it's now possible to download them for off line. I'm rather disappointed as to how cumbersome it is to do though. You have to open each cache page in the app then select add to list hit the back twice to get back to the map, open the next cache and repeat. It would have been helpful if there was a slightly different icon on the map to indicate that it was available offline. There is no way to select more than one cache at a time, it would be good to be able to add all caches visible on the map page for example or when in the list view of nearby caches, to be able to bring up check boxes to select the ones you want. So think it will need more work.

I was really pleased to see that lists can be created in the app with the new release and it's now possible to download them for off line. I'm rather disappointed as to how cumbersome it is to do though. You have to open each cache page in the app then select add to list hit the back twice to get back to the map, open the next cache and repeat. It would have been helpful if there was a slightly different icon on the map to indicate that it was available offline. There is no way to select more than one cache at a time, it would be good to be able to add all caches visible on the map page for example or when in the list view of nearby caches, to be able to bring up check boxes to select the ones you want. So think it will need more work.

Agree, this is clunky. Hopefully the add all/selected from map or list will be added in the future

Agree, this is clunky. Hopefully the add all/selected from map or list will be added in the future

Good news, this feature is rolling out now! Check your phone for app updates over the next few days

Good news, this feature is rolling out now! Check your phone for app updates over the next few days

What about different logg types, IE: NM, NA, Field Notes, OM

And of course giving out favorite points

Edited by cghove

What about different logg types, IE: NM, NA, Field Notes, OM

And of course giving out favorite points

Very poor and useless design, no favorites and distance can not be set to KM unless you change your phone's input county e.g. US or Canada spelling.

When trying to delete a list in the app I have already deleted on my desktop pc, I receive the message 'List has already been deleted'. And the list is still visible in app....

I think this may because you have download the caches for offline use - if you tap on the list and delete the offline data that should clear things for you. You should bne able to delete the list.

Hi, I just started with the 'new' app and was looking for adding caches to a list.

Is this feature to add multiple caches to a iist (shown in map) already there?

I cannot find it and the help only explains the add ONE cache at a time... very clunky.

Edited by twodutchies

Hi, I just started with the 'new' app and was looking for adding caches to a list.

Is this feature to add multiple caches to a iist (shown in map) already there?

I cannot find it and the help only explains the add ONE cache at a time... very clunky.

If you are viewing the map, then you can add all of the caches in that map view to a list by selecting "Add All to List" from the drop-down menu at the top-right of the screen. This will take you to another screen where you can click on the list that you want the caches added to.

Hope that helps.