Logging the wrong disk

BackpacknJack

There is supposed to be a mark (I haven't seen it and doubt it still exist)near me that has no documentation on the data sheet as being recovered by anyone since it was monumented in 1934. But cachers have started logging it as found and posting pictures of a different county disk that is .21 miles away. Is there any harm in this since it does not enter the official data sheet of the real mark? Our game isn't actually harming anything right?

Yeah, that happens. I just post my DNF log, explaining how I can tell the disk others are finding isn't the mark. On a mark that's "gone viral" because of a nearby cache, someone will often post yet another bogus find report soon after my DNF (or even Destroyed). I've never seen any evidence that people casually finding benchmarks ever read the log, so there's not much hope they'll learn a lesson from your log. All you can do is file a correct report, and maybe talk to people about benchmarks at local events. I do read the logs, so I appreciate it when I see a voice of reason giving me the straight dope in amongst the logs from people that don't know what they're doing.