Navigating to cache w/ CO changed coords

A couple days ago I was using the new android app to navigate to a CITO Event, GC6AB72. Due to weather the CO had changed the coordinates. On the map the event was displayed at the new location but when I told it to navigate there it tried to send me to the original coords. As soon as I stopped the navigation it was again shown at the new, correct location.

Using version 3.9.2 of app

Edited by WingsAndTales

Yes, i find navigating to solved coordinates doesn't work on the new Android app (or very occasionally does). Whereas if I use the compass, it does use the solved coordinates. My wife who has is using IOS/Apple, doesn't use the compass, but the navigate to solved coordinates works for her. Is this a known issue, or is the issue me?

Edited by plowfive

A couple days ago I was using the new android app to navigate to a CITO Event, GC6AB72. Due to weather the CO had changed the coordinates. On the map the event was displayed at the new location but when I told it to navigate there it tried to send me to the original coords. As soon as I stopped the navigation it was again shown at the new, correct location.

Using version 3.9.2 of app

Ah, that sounds like a side effect of our waypoint caching system. I'll file a bug, but I suspect it will be neither an easy nor a quick fix.

I entered solved coordinates on the website, but I don't see them synced to the Android app. Very rarely I did see them after clicking Start - the label "Mystery" changed to "Solved", icon changed to a puzzle-piece and it navigated me there. But most of the time, it doesn't know that the mystery is solved. I think I even saw one which was shown as solved and later as unsolved again.

Can you try logging out and logging back in . We did have a fix on the api and hopefully logging back out and logging back in should clear it up . But essentially on the map when you get to navigate to a posted coordinate which has a solved coordinate associated , you would see the app navigate you to the solved coordinates

Hi, this hasn't quite fixed it either unfortunately. This is what I see when I use new app for a solved puzzle after logging out and logging back in:

When I first select a solved cache, the little map shows the nominal unsolved location. If I press start, a line is drawn from my current location to the solved location now (which is great).

At this stage there is now only an option to use compass (none for navigation), If I use the compass, I am pretty sure it will go to the solved location. If i then click on the solved location in the map , I get both the compass option and the navigate option. If I chose the navigate option it is definitely navigating to the original posted coords, not the solved coords. If I choose the waypoints tab and select either a waypoint or the solved coordinates, pressing the navigate button still navigates to the original location. So basically there is no way to navigate to the solved coordinates or a manually entered waypoint. I have to get my wife to navigate with her iphone where it works, or have to manually enter the solved coords into Google maps and get it to navigate to it. I'd really love if you guys good look into this and get it sorted. To me it's a pretty fundamental issue and I am surprised more people haven't complained (I thought it was just me not understanding how to use the app!). But anyways I really do like the layout of the new app and hope you can get this bug on the Android version of the app squashed soon. Thanks in advance.

Edited by plowfive