Personal Cache Note

So, I use the Personal Cache Note/Personal Geocache note feature in the app quite often. I will pop info in there from puzzles I have solved and even notes about the hide itself. Anyway, this is a feature I have come to rely upon with the old paid app. Imagine my surprise that I have yet to be able to find this functionality in the new app.

I'm not exactly sure why the new app has a lot of functionality missing from the old app. Maybe they are waiting to see if people complain to figure out if they need to keep it? Well, here's one. Please get that Personal Cache note function back. Until then, I'll continue to Geosphere. That app has bloody everything anyway;.

Edited by Msmit002

C"MON Groundspeak!!!

I use the Personal Cache Note ALL THE TIME to record puzzle solutions and to work out coordinates for multis. Without access to it in the new app I will have to start carrying a notebook around with me or else use my phone to connect to the internet so that I log on to the website.

Can we start a petition?

Please add me to the petition. I MISS THE OLD APP, BUT I AM STARTING TO USE THE NEW APP. IT STILL TAKES TWICE AS LONG FIND CACHES AND READ THE CACHE NOTES. BUT MOST OF ALL I MISS NOT SEEING MY PERSONAL NOTES REGARDING PUZZLE CACHES THAT I HAVE SOLVED. A lot of time with "solved Puzzles" there are special hints and clues that comes with the "Success" in certitude. PLEASE Groundspeak, GET THIS ON THE NEW APP! I still don't understand why they got rid of the old app and had to make up a new. The old saying is "Why fix something that is still working" and in my opinion the old app was great.

I'm really trying to be open-minded and learn the new app. I realize when things are new they are difficult until learned. But, as a "puzzler," I spent forever yesterday looking for my personal notes in a sketchy phone reception area. I'm looking at Forum discussions this morning, and now I see it wasn't just me, but the whole Personal Note area is missing. What?? Oh, please, please work on this. Thank goodness I had a different offline app. that I could access yesterday in order to get my corrected mystery coords. and notes. I know the new app. is still a work in progress, and I'll continue to try to learn it, but it is a little -- okay, make that REALLY frustrating right now!

I hope someone who is working on the development of this new app. will look at it from the point of view of users who work the mystery caches, and what they need from an app. Often solving the puzzles happens days/months/years before being able to actually physically find/log the cache, and being able to accesss one's Personal Note and corrected coordinates/notes is crucial. However, even those who don't often do the puzzle caches often use the Personal Note section for their own purposes. Hopefully this addition to the new app. can be accomplished sooner than later!

Edited by Play Cache

My first contribution to a thread.....

I spent hours decoding a cipher with a Vigenère cipher and the final sentence of a first edition of The Origin of Species. After an hour drive and a significant walk I arrived at the first location of a two stage cache to discover I had nothing apart from my initial solved coordinates and a vague memory of one word from the instructions.

I had not even entered my head that my Personal Cache Notes were not downloaded onto the offline list on the new Geocaching App.

I hope someone is monitoring these threads and can get this update added as soon as possible.

I do a lot of puzzle solving caches where the hint is in the geochecker only and always paste it into the Personal Cache Note.

I had not even entered my head that my Personal Cache Notes were not downloaded onto the offline list on the new Geocaching App.

I hope someone is monitoring these threads and can get this update added as soon as possible.

I do a lot of puzzle solving caches where the hint is in the geochecker only and always paste it into the Personal Cache Note.

Not that the free app shouldn't do this, but to eliminate your frustration maybe look at 3rd party apps. I moved to Cachly specifically because the free official one didn't show a solved puzzle at its final coordinates. Cachly and others would provide you with displaying the cache in the right location, access to field notes, offline use, etc.

You can wait and be frustrated until these get addressed or spend av few bucks and be happy.

Domo!!!

Well, have not heard anything about this long-requested feature missing in the new app.

Any update on this?

I REALLY want this important function back. Obviously, view my personal notes offline would be a must, together with the maps.

Anyone UP there?

~ Dr.MORO

I'm a fan of the note function too. What a pitty there is none on the new app. And as other users said before there is no reason at all to replace the old app since I have not found any improvement so far in the new one. In my opinion the reason for the new app is to make money. E.g. the old app let a non-premium members save caches into the offline map. Now this option is only usable to premium members.

Hey guys at Groundspeak: I was a big fan of geocaching since over 10 years. But you more and more force people to spend $$ ££ €€ on features which have been for free before. That's odd. Please remember that most of the work is done by us users ourselfes.