So Nervous About My TB

diamonddolljeanette

Well I was up in Norther Minnesota this weekend and dropped off my first TB I have ever owned up in a popular cache up there. It's a TB in memory of my aunt who died from cancer. Well I have been watching it and the cache has been logged several times since but my TB hasn't been moved yet. I am so nervous that it's either been stolen already or is just sitting there without being picked up. What can I do?

The four PMs who were there after you didn't mention the 11 other trackables supposedly in inventory either.

If you accessed the container, signed the log, and noticed that none of those trackables listed were there, that shoulda been an indication it just might not be a good spot to drop yours off.

If any were there, then like the rest, yours may sit a while.

Can't force folks to play a side-game...

My admin account just Marked Missing the 8 trackables with notes on their pages. I'd bet 10,000 quatloos that the January dropped trackable is missing too, but no one is remarking the state of TBs in the cache.

To diamonddolljeanette, you don't need to do anything yet. (Though if you noticed that there were no other trackables in the cache, you could usefully post notes to the two other TBs on their own pages that you did not see them).

Either it's been picked up but not logged, or it's still there. Many, many geocachers do not fool with trackables.

If it's still showing in inventory many visits later, then post a Write Note log to the cache page, asking if the next finder would please check for it.

If they do, great. If they tell you it's still there, wonderful. If you're told it's gone, Mark it Missing.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

I think we learn (often the hard way) that we cannot hold on too tightly to our TBs. It's always a gamble to send them off into the wild. Mine (also?) was taken from the first cache it was placed into, then disappeared without a word. It did resurface several months later, without its attached item. I felt lucky to get it back at all. :rolleyes:

Well I was up in Norther Minnesota this weekend and dropped off my first TB I have ever owned up in a popular cache up there. It's a TB in memory of my aunt who died from cancer. Well I have been watching it and the cache has been logged several times since but my TB hasn't been moved yet. I am so nervous that it's either been stolen already or is just sitting there without being picked up. What can I do?

Nothing, other than go get it, if it's still there.

You drop off a traveler, you takes your chances.

Losing trackables is the cost of playing the game. I had one I released that was picked up almost immediately and placed in another cache 50 miles away. That was picked up on 4/20/15 and nothing else even after a note to the cacher so figured it was gone. On 4/20/16 - exactly one year later - the trackable was dropped with a note that the cacher "just found this". Had the same kind of thing happen with my other one for many months and it reappeared but eventually completely disappeared due to maintenance where the cache was placed. The annoying part of that one was that it finally moved from Michigan to Texas on it's way to it's goal in Arizona and was picked up by someone who posted they would move it on it's way and promptly dropped it off back in Michigan.

All that to say don't get stressed about your trackables. There's nothing you can do about it so sit back and take a deep breath and sip a refreshing beverage.