Coord.info links don't open with version 4.0

The release notes for today's new version 4.0* say that coord.info links should now open with the app, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried restarting the app and even my phone, but the links continue to open straight to the website. For reference, I'm running iOS 9.3.1 and using the Gmail app (whatever the current version is; that app doesn't seem to list the version in it anywhere).

*On a side note: really? These changes were considered significant enough to call it a major version change?

A-Team - When you click on a coord.info link and it takes you to the webpage , if you scroll down on that page you will see the option to open the cache details in the app . This is the standard way of opening links in your app that Apple suggests . Yeah i do agree that the scrolling down part is less intuitive

A-Team - When you click on a coord.info link and it takes you to the webpage , if you scroll down on that page you will see the option to open the cache details in the app . This is the standard way of opening links in your app that Apple suggests . Yeah i do agree that the scrolling down part is less intuitive

Okay, I have some more information now.

When I open a link from within the Gmail app, it opens in a browser right in that app. When I open a coord.info link, it just takes me to the website in that in-app browser and I never see an option to open in the Geocaching app. However, if I tell Gmail to open that page in Safari, then I see the "Open in..." bar at the top if I scroll up/pull down (I think that's what you meant).

Honestly, this method doesn't make sense to me. The way it worked with the Classic app where it loaded a basic website and gave you the option to open in the website or app (or have it do one automatically) was ideal. The way it works now, you have to completely load the cache listing on the website before you even have the option to open it in the app. This causes far too much duplication as far as downloaded data goes, and takes longer (especially if you have weak signal; you may have to wait for lots of images and things to download). If that's the way Apple wants it done now, then I guess we're stuck with it, but if you have the option to make it like it was with the Classic app, then you should absolutely do it. Even better would be to have the question "Open in the app or website?" happen on the phone-side rather than having to load a website, no matter how minimal it is.

Now, I ran into some issues and quirks while testing this out:

• Sometimes - and inconsistently - telling the Gmail app to open the website in Safari instantly opens the cache page in the Geocaching app. However, other times it opens to the website in Safari and I have to pull down to get the option to open in the app. I haven't been able to see any pattern or logic for why it does it differently sometimes.
  • If the last operation left the Geocaching app in a state where you're on the screen to search for a cache by GC code and the cursor is in the text field (this happens if you open a cache from a coord.info link or do a search for a cache by GC code and then back out one step), either method of opening a cache with the app (automatically or website-pull-down-open-in-app) fails and you just see that search page in the app. It doesn't go to the desired cache, nor does it even enter the GC code in the search field. You have to first cancel and then try again.

Edit for speeling

Edited by The A-Team