Found an abandoned cache - now what?

BFG99

FYI after hearing back from the administrator who originally archived the cache in question, I have now deleted the second "Found It" log as several people requested here.

I have left a message with the original owner, who logged in fairly recently, and will give him a month to respond. If I don't hear back from him in that time then I will retrieve the cache and throw it out. The fact it is badly damaged and no one has signed the log in 2 years indicates it likely is not logged on any other sites. It is also in a public park which addresses a concern of ownership.

After reading through these posts (very good discussion BTW!), I too am of the opinion that CLEARLY ABANDONED caches should be removed and, if possible, repurposed. I say "clearly abandoned" because we don't want to remove caches that are still active on other sites if we can help it. But in this specific case, where the container is badly damaged and the logbook hasn't been signed in 2 years, it's safe to say it's truly abandoned.

Edited by BFG99