How to I start my trackable off?

tuckertrekkers

Go to a cache big enough for your trackable to be placed into, somewhere around where you live. Generally, this will be a cache you have already found that you know the size of and you know exactly where it is. Place the trackable into that cache. Go to the cache page and make sure you are logged in under the account username that the trackable is linked to. Click on "Log Your Visit" and choose the "Write Note" log type. Write a log explaining you are beginning your trackable's adventure. Underneath where you write your log you should see a list of the trackables that are currently in your inventory. Under the "Action" tab to the right of your trackable, select "Dropped Off" then click on the "Submit Log Entry" button. If you now go to the cache page again, you should see your trackable listed in the cache's inventory.

Of course, you could also go out and find a previously unfound cache and place your trackable in that. When you write your "Found It" log, you will again see the list of trackables currently in your inventory. Just go through the same process above to drop it into the cache's inventory.

Good luck.

I have just activated my sons first ever trackable - easy enough to do following the geocaching hing guides. However I don't know what to do with it next as I haven't hidden my own cache yet (waiting to find the right spot) can some one just give me an idea of what to do? Many thanks in advance :)

You don't need to own a cache to drop a trackable that you own.

Any cache that is large enough will do. You could return to a cache that you found previously, and drop it there. Log it as a "write note", though, not as another "found it".

The next cache you find, if it's large enough, would do. Do some checking ahead of time, by reading all the previous logs, to see if it's not a good cache for trackables.

Help Center → Trackables

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=10

Be prepared to have it go missing, though. It's a reality of setting trackables free.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol