All caches

If you maintain your own offline database which contains all UK caches, with GSAK or something similar, then yes it will be simple but will depend on which offline app you're using.

If you want to get the caches straight from geocaching.com onto the Monterra, then no it can't be done in one go. The best you could do is construct a set of PQs which would need to run over many days downloading at most 10000 a day and loading each one onto the GPS, which is going to take almost 20 days to get the whole of the UK.

Yes im aware and do use gsak, but only to load PQ's into what im looking for is a method to dowload without the restrictions of 1000 at a time.

GSAK can download 6,000 caches with full details and 10,000 caches with 'lite' details (aka .loc) per day.

Add your daily PQ allowance of 10 X 1,000 caches. :o

Still going to take a while to get, and keep upto date, all of the UK. :huh:

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I don't use GSAK, but it as B&R says it can download 6,000 a day using the API, in addition to that you could create 10 PQs a day giving you a total of 16,000 a day but it's going to be a lot of hassle doing the PQs and you'd have to change the PQs every week.

Why do you want the whole of the UK on the GPS anyway? As soon as you put the caches on there they will be out of date as caches get published/disabled/archived, personally I wouldn't bother.

If you have a number of areas that you're specifically interested in e.g. home, work, holiday home, parents, etc. then it would be easier to setup the PQs to focus on those areas, which would keep your GSAK up to date for when you want to visit them.

I don't use GSAK, but it as B&R says it can download 6,000 a day using the API, in addition to that you could create 10 PQs a day giving you a total of 16,000 a day but it's going to be a lot of hassle doing the PQs and you'd have to change the PQs every week.

Why do you want the whole of the UK on the GPS anyway? As soon as you put the caches on there they will be out of date as caches get published/disabled/archived, personally I wouldn't bother.

If you have a number of areas that you're specifically interested in e.g. home, work, holiday home, parents, etc. then it would be easier to setup the PQs to focus on those areas, which would keep your GSAK up to date for when you want to visit them.

Ah I wasnt aware of that about Gsak, no I dont nessarily need the whole of UK it was just easier to request that rather than go into details, the reason I wanted a lot is because i have a Monterra, and still have to get to grips with it not an easy learning curve believe me, ive been having problems using it, aside from loading caches onto it, which is the easy bit, but Ive been using PQ's and thought there must be an easier way hence the querie. anyway thanks for the replies Ill get onto it.

Ah I wasnt aware of that about Gsak, no I dont nessarily need the whole of UK it was just easier to request that rather than go into details, the reason I wanted a lot is because i have a Monterra, and still have to get to grips with it not an easy learning curve believe me, ive been having problems using it, aside from loading caches onto it, which is the easy bit, but Ive been using PQ's and thought there must be an easier way hence the querie. anyway thanks for the replies Ill get onto it.

The easiest thing to do is define an area (200km or so) from your primary location and set a PQ based off of cache hide date. project-gc has a useful PQ splitter for that.