Vehicle trackables

toadnahole

My geocaching family travels to a lot of archery shoots & we wanted to put a trackable on our car, however not a real fan of the "bug" on my car. Does anyone know if I can come up with my own sticker & use the number off of a "bug"?

Sure. Without the recognizable Barcode Bug logo, it may be discovered less. Which can be a good thing. :anicute:

A Geocaching "G" (of which there are several styles) can work. Is that more like what you're considering?

http://bytethebullet.com/geologo/leatherman_variants.htm

Edited by kunarion

My geocaching family travels to a lot of archery shoots & we wanted to put a trackable on our car, however not a real fan of the "bug" on my car. Does anyone know if I can come up with my own sticker & use the number off of a "bug"?

Sure. We've seen lots this way.

An arrow with the code inside would look awesome...

We don't look for the "official" car decals much anymore, since so many are thinking along the same lines as you.

The code alone is usually a clue for us (and not so much for outsiders) what it is.

I'd rather not advertise that I might have a GPS inside my vehicle.

I seen a few geobuggys before I like the stickers .I even seen one on the forum(picture) here that was XXX-Large TB .So I did a goggle search and found the site order one and now have it on my truck.

http://img.geocaching.com/track/log/large/98a4ff35-8b99-4e07-9a69-e1cdb0c027ca.jpg

here is the link >>

http://www.geocachingshop.nl

Ok, wait. The OP is not too keen on the "bug" logo. I'm guessing, even giant green ones. Just a guess. :anicute:

I have a bug logo magnet sign (for a Geocoin, no less :laughing:), purchased from a company that makes the things. The "bug" is readily identifiable to most Geocachers, but like the OP, I'm not super thrilled with that particular design. I've made my own Geocaching logos, Trackable logos, and even antenna-topped mascots, which I use because I like my designs better :anibad:, but mainly I was tired of the licensing guff.

What the OP may try (besides the hiker a couple of posts back which is pretty nice), is the text "Track Me" or "Trackable" and the code. And whatever outdoorsy logo you wish, if any. It may or may not get your TB discovered on the freeway, but cachers at Events are pretty bright, and could figure it out if they see it in the parking lot.

Edited by kunarion