ISTANBUL - Turkey - Turkiye Geocache Group

omaggo

Hi Everyone,

I am omaggo. A geocaching volunteer and a geocaching lover from Istanbul-Turkey.

We have many visitors around the world and so happy to have them here in our city Istanbul. If you happend to be in Istanbul before most probably you found one of my caches ( i said this because my Karma is over 20 nowadays) In my opinion a cacher's Karma should be more than 10 at least :) (especially, if you are living in a country where geocaching is not so poular yet)

So, if you've been here in Istanbul or Turkey before and geocache here please give some feedbacks and say hi to us at least through this thread.

Here is our facebook groups link (you may want to join us: Facebook group link

Maybe you are planning to visit our city, please PM me, maybe we can meet and organize an event together?

I met many people because of geocaching and i do like it. That's one of the things I like about geocaching!

Greetings from Istanbul

omaggo

see you later :)

I've been to Istanbul several times and used every chance to meet with local geocachers. I've even got some small souvenirs from their community. I can only say big thanks to omaggo and his friends for warm attitude and all events they organize in Istanbul - and for geocaches of course. The city has many of them. Though the majority of tourists come to the European side I strongly recommend using your chance to get to the Asian side and enjoy some geocaches there. Please don't forget to download/use photo spoilers published by owners, they often work as hints. Nice city, lovely nature, great local company of cachers. If you're in Istanbul and there is an event in the downtown don't hesitate attending it.

I've been to Istanbul several times and used every chance to meet with local geocachers. I've even got some small souvenirs from their community. I can only say big thanks to omaggo and his friends for warm attitude and all events they organize in Istanbul - and for geocaches of course. The city has many of them. Though the majority of tourists come to the European side I strongly recommend using your chance to get to the Asian side and enjoy some geocaches there. Please don't forget to download/use photo spoilers published by owners, they often work as hints. Nice city, lovely nature, great local company of cachers.

And make sure to download and *print* photo spoilers before going out in the field. They're not included in the offline list with the new app and you'll just see a black box where the images is supposed to display if you don't have a data connection. I learned that the hard while while geocaching in Cuba.

I've been to Istanbul several times and used every chance to meet with local geocachers. I've even got some small souvenirs from their community. I can only say big thanks to omaggo and his friends for warm attitude and all events they organize in Istanbul - and for geocaches of course. The city has many of them. Though the majority of tourists come to the European side I strongly recommend using your chance to get to the Asian side and enjoy some geocaches there. Please don't forget to download/use photo spoilers published by owners, they often work as hints. Nice city, lovely nature, great local company of cachers. If you're in Istanbul and there is an event in the downtown don't hesitate attending it.

Thank you CJ.

You are always welcome to our meetings :)

see you later

I've been to Istanbul several times and used every chance to meet with local geocachers. I've even got some small souvenirs from their community. I can only say big thanks to omaggo and his friends for warm attitude and all events they organize in Istanbul - and for geocaches of course. The city has many of them. Though the majority of tourists come to the European side I strongly recommend using your chance to get to the Asian side and enjoy some geocaches there. Please don't forget to download/use photo spoilers published by owners, they often work as hints. Nice city, lovely nature, great local company of cachers.

And make sure to download and *print* photo spoilers before going out in the field. They're not included in the offline list with the new app and you'll just see a black box where the images is supposed to display if you don't have a data connection. I learned that the hard while while geocaching in Cuba.

oh i didn't know that. But i assume we can still use the old version?

regards

omaggo

1- I just find out i can not edit my old posts? I wanted to change some little things but i couldn't (no biggy)

2- we will have 2016 CITO this saturday on 23th April in Istanbul - Validebag I hope it wont rain and we can collect some garbages.

Anyone around Istanbul? you are welcome to our CITO event.

omaggo

Hi,

I think you can help me on this then.

End of May I have a 9 HOURS layover in IST on my way to South Africa for a business trip, and I would LOVE adding Turkey to my list of countries. Now, the most straightforward cache is GC5CNYR, but I would like not having just one shot. I'd rather go for 3-4 caches in order to ensure at least one. Any hints?

Thanks & regards from Belgium

Hi,

End of May I have a 9 HOURS layover in IST on my way to South Africa for a business trip, and I would LOVE adding Turkey to my list of countries. Now, the most straightforward cache is GC5CNYR, but I would like not having just one shot. I'd rather go for 3-4 caches in order to ensure at least one. Any hints?

hi there. the one you menationed (GC5CNYR) is not in Istanbul?

There are two airports in istanbul if you are landing in ATATURK airport there are some caches you can find easly.

One of them is mine, you can use metro and it is in the metro station you don't need to leave the station. You finding it and take the next metro to go back to the airport.

Then there is another cache /mysterious You can walk from the airport gate to there easly in 20 mins.

So minimum 2 caches you can do in 2 hours easly.

here are the codes:

GC4CNYR (this is mine)

GC688QT (mysterious)

regards

Hi,

There are two airports in istanbul if you are landing in ATATURK airport there are some caches you can find easly.

One of them is mine, you can use metro and it is in the metro station you don't need to leave the station. You finding it and take the next metro to go back to the airport.

Then there is another cache /mysterious You can walk from the airport gate to there easly in 20 mins.

here are the codes:

GC4CNYR (this is mine)

GC688QT (mysterious)

regards

Sorry, I meant indeed your cache GC4..... I hadn't look at the mistery yet, but it seems indeed quite feasible, thanks!! .. Now I just have to find what to do with the remaining 8 hours ;-)

Hi,

here are the codes:

GC4CNYR (this is mine)

GC688QT (mysterious)

regards

Sorry, I meant indeed your cache GC4..... I hadn't look at the mistery yet, but it seems indeed quite feasible, thanks!! .. Now I just have to find what to do with the remaining 8 hours ;-)

Hi again, just found both caches. Yours was relatively easy thanks to your hint. Regarding the other one, you must take your chances in the crazy traffic, but anyway, got it as well. Thanks for your help and regards from the nicest Airport Business Lounge of the World, that is, the one of Turkish hier in IST :)