Nice places near GC40

camillabacher

We are two geocachers from Copenhagen visiting Belgium in 3 weeks, two days in Bruxelles, one day with a car.

The day we have a car is mainly to head south to log GC40. While we are there we would love to see some of the nice countryside and log some interesting geocaches. I'd like to log one of each icons while there, especially a Wherigo, maybe also a letterbox, since there are no easy ones in central Bruxelles.

Suggestions / recommendations? Any local caches here willing to share knowledge?

For Letterbox I was thinking the Airport Lady, but it is currently disabled. Instead perhaps GC64YNE - Jonabiek's TB-Hotel. Looks fun and easy despite I don't read French I think it is on the posted coordinates?

For Wherigo I found one that is in English in Spontin, that looks fun: [TdW] N.38 Yvoir (FR/EN) - GC5DDTT

I'd love a cache in France, I found this with +500 FP: Moria - The Return. GC22FB4

I'd love to hear comments or recommendations.

Thanks,

Camilla aka camillabacher

(from Copenhagen, Denmark)

For Letterbox I was thinking the Airport Lady, but it is currently disabled. Instead perhaps GC64YNE - Jonabiek's TB-Hotel. Looks fun and easy despite I don't read French I think it is on the posted coordinates?

For now, Airport Lady is not a good idea :ph34r: maybe in 3 weeks time it will be better but yesterday there was a big trafficjam because of the extra security and while thing went smooth today there was a lockdown this evening because of a "suspicious vehicle". No need to be scared around here but at "high risk locations" it may not be wise to fiddle with hidden boxes. We don't want to read about you in the papers <_<

You might do Magna Plătĕa Bruocsellae (Fr-Nl-En) which I'm sure you'll come close to (Grand Place/Grote Markt) close to the Hard Rock Café.

I hope you'll enjoy your trip as much as we did our Danish tour in 2013 and CPH layover (on the way to Greenland) in 2014.

I loved Moria , but to be honest, didn't feel much for GC40. Although it's a historical cache, but other than that, it was a bit disappointing...

In that area I loved GCG9DA - Woudlopers 5:Kleffergek however. It's a multi, but of the adventurous type. It has a description in English as well.