Company trackable give-always

Technically, the first phase of the contest is not a giveaway:

All we ask is that you place it in a geocache near you to start its journey.

If you scroll down the page, it describes the actual giveaway, which involves some company related merchandise from the sounds of it. The trackables are intended to be placed in caches for, hopefully, others to find, and participate in the second phase of the contest.

If you scroll down the page, it describes the actual giveaway, which involves some company related merchandise from the sounds of it. The trackables are intended to be placed in caches for, hopefully, others to find, and participate in the second phase of the contest.

Right, got that part, i was wondering how to get the info quicker for the actual trackable

Right, got that part, i was wondering how to get the info quicker for the actual trackable

It's not too late to Find/Discover one. I'm guessing Events might increase your odds a bit.

I noticed the TINCUP Whisky adventure advertisement thing on the latest news letter. And as usual when I followed the links they were no longer available, so my question is how do y'all found out about these give-aways before they are out? Any tips?

For me, its usually through Facebook. Many times the official Facebook account for Geocaching will announce the trackable giveaways. Other times someone will notice it on the trackable page for Geocaching and will post about it in one of the numerous Facebook groups.

You usually need to be quick about it. For this promotion they were only giving away 2000 trackables, and its first come first served.

Touchstone.... Rocket357 was asking how to get one of the free trackables that were being given out.

It's true that when there is a trackable promotion a lot of them will be snapped up by collectors. But not all. I never did see one of the Geico trackables that came out five years ago. So I'd given up on it. But I just recently found one in a cache in Mexico, pretty neat. B)

It's pretty funny because I left him at Groundspeak HQ, thinking he'd do a bit more traveling, and someone picked him up and put him in a cache in one of the next towns over, less than an hour away from me (about 3.5 hours from Groundspeak). I'm tempted to go and pick it up again. :P

d0e937c6-a2c0-425b-808b-120f23ab4861_l.jpg

I noticed the TINCUP Whisky adventure advertisement thing on the latest news letter. And as usual when I followed the links they were no longer available, so my question is how do y'all found out about these give-aways before they are out? Any tips?

Ignore the contest, don't expect to find one.

The distribution of them is BS. These tokens get hoarded and very seldom get logged by anyone except that hoarder, and occasionally their friends.

I was around for the JEEP trackables, Yellow, White, Red, and Green, What a mess that was. They were mostly released, however, the 1st Cacher that found them usually kept them.

The distribution of them is BS. These tokens get hoarded and very seldom get logged by anyone except that hoarder, and occasionally their friends.

I was around for the JEEP trackables, Yellow, White, Red, and Green, What a mess that was. They were mostly released, however, the 1st Cacher that found them usually kept them.

There are three in my area, all in the hands of the owners.

For me, its usually through Facebook.

That's how I found out about it ... via Facebook. But this was on a geocoin fan page where somebody was trying to sell it. By the time I learned about it they were (of course) all gone. I did do a search and I found several in my area as well ... again, all in the hands of the owners. I still kept looking. Behold! I found one! In a normal geocache!! I'm going to release it soon after I complete my mission w/it (I shouldn't have it longer than a few more days then off it goes). Wonder how long it'll last before it gets stolen?

This was the second promotional trackable that I've found in a container. The other one I found and released got stolen in the Freemont Troll cache and I'm still bummed about it. :( I don't want the owner thinking I was the one who stole it.

To obtain a company trackable to activate and release? Yeah, that would be new to me as well.

We received (and lost) the Geico and NCEES trackables.

One grabbed from a sorta tb hotel with no log, the other with someone no longer playing.

- When we didn't get a michelin man tire gauge guy, looked around, and did see a heckofalot of them at that time on ebay...