Send coordinates to car gps from iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth

SparkyCat4E

I would like to be able to send my geocache coordinates to my cars external gps wirelessly from my iPad (preferred) but I could use my iPhone for turn by turn directions. Is this possible? What gps and or software would I need? Any help would greatly appreciated.

It could work, in theory. I've tried various things with my tablets and Garmin Oregon, with mixed results. I haven't tried to load a Nuvi in this way.

There are portable USB wifi routers such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Wireless-Companion-Streamer-External/dp/B00AQUMZRA

That kind has a "wifi bridge", so you could be connected simultaneously to the Internet (Geocaching.com) and to the router, and transfer files using an App specially designed to work with the router. The App will be odd. And it will download files to its own designated place. For an iPhone/iPad, you might need a memory card for this purpose, and then transfer the file to the proper folder on the Nuvi.

I have a different brand of router, and the App can't seem to find the GPX folder (that's where the files need to go) on the USB-connected Garmin Oregon. I had to load its removed SD card, which takes extra steps. On Android, the downloaded file can then be moved using any file manager App. IOS is more strict about that.

It's so flakey, I instead bring my laptop if there's a chance that I might load GPX files while traveling.

Edited by kunarion