HogWildStuff.org / HogCode.com Geocoin - What Do I do?

Bench Mark

Hey guys,

Today I retrieved (what I believe to be) a geocoin from the "Celebration Travel Bug Hotel" cache. It's not the normal geocoin, it doesn't have the typical hex code like Geocaching.com's coins. Instead of that, it has a 7 letter nickname for a code.

The coin is in a transparent envelope next to a HogWildStuff.org card.

The reverse of the coin says: "Midwest Geobash 07", and has this 7 letter nickname below.

Te reverse of the card says:

World Famous Geocoins by Hogwild Stuff

Coin:________________

Number:______________

Code:________________

Code Retrieval: www.hogcode.com

Geek.jpg

Is this a geocoin?

What should I do with it??

Thank you very much in advance :)

Best regards.

Yes it is a geocoin. Some cachers got together and had these made for the Midwest Geobash that year. Several female cachers had ducks made that year for the Bash too. They are non trackable but definitely geocoins. The nickname should tell whose version this was. I don't see the 7 letter nickname in your post though. I you list that I can maybe tell you the version. It's not trackable so there isn't anything to worry about posting that.

You found some pretty cool swag actually. Since it is non trackable you can keep it or drop it in another cache or give it away -- basically anything you would like to do with it. But since it is essentially swag you should trade for it. At times when I have found something and didn't realize it was swag I have dropped off something in the next ccche I found as a trade item if I can't go back to where I found the item.

• Upvote 1

<_< Add it to your collection of cool Swag you have found, not everyone can have one of these. Consider yourself one of the Special owners.

Besides... That's very nice coin.

Awesome guys!

Thank you very much for the information!!

I'll share it with you, so it will be immortalized here as well...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Like it?

Yes it is a geocoin. Some cachers got together and had these made for the Midwest Geobash that year. Several female cachers had ducks made that year for the Bash too. They are non trackable but definitely geocoins. The nickname should tell whose version this was.

When I tried to figure out about these two coins I came across this thread where the chicks were called to participate:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=164694

It looks like there were over 40 versions.

Obviously the guys did their male "frog prince" version, but I didn't find a thread about it. So far I knew about 7 editions (2xDresselDragons, Hogwild SBD, Team Maddog, Team Sand Dollar and Team Shydog, avroair). This version in this thread is number 8.