What to do about finds logged on website but not signed on logsheet?

FiveBeans

I think it's just about common sense. The goal is to find and GET the cache without drawing the attention of muggles. If a person can prove they did that (where the main way of proving it is signing the log, but a photo would also do) I'd leave their entry on the web site. After all you know they foud the cache. I always carry my date stamp with me but I wouldn't want to be called a cheater if it breaks or I loose it...

I think it's just about common sense. The goal is to find and GET the cache without drawing the attention of muggles. If a person can prove they did that (where the main way of proving it is signing the log, but a photo would also do) I'd leave their entry on the web site. After all you know they foud the cache. I always carry my date stamp with me but I wouldn't want to be called a cheater if it breaks or I loose it...

Photo logs are not allowed and allowing them can get you listing archived.

Two things that you can do as a cache owner:

1. Delete bogus logs.

2. Ignore them.

I personally don't care if someone logged one of my caches online but didn't sign the actually log book. If they want to cheat and say they found caches they didn't, they are only cheating themselves out of a fun time of going out and finding the cache. BUT, if YOU want to compare log books to online logs for YOUR caches and delete the ones that don't match up, go for it. It's your cache. :)

Photo logs are not allowed and allowing them can get you listing archived.
The only times I've heard of photo logs getting caches archived have been when the photo logs were allowed/encouraged on an ongoing basis as a way of turning the cache into an ersatz virtual cache. An occasional photo log in extraordinary circumstances won't cause a cache to be archived.

Geesh...it's nice to see how perfect everyone is, that nobody else ever just forgets their pen or always remembers to check that it writes perfectly before they leave to grab the cache. I feel so incompetent because apparently I'm the only one on earth that is so completely irresponsible and forgetful that I have, on occasion, actually forgotten to grab a pen...or forgotten to test the functionality of said pen before, during and after my cache hunt.

Man, I'm such a jerk.

Nope, just human. When you become involved in an activity that keeps score this somehow becomes a very big issue.

I think it's been twice now that I signed a log using my fingernail and a piece of grass. Very effective - use 1 or 2 initials and note it in your online log.