DNF?

Did you ever try going on your profile page?

Under "Your Logs" is "show all logs for:Geocaches, Trackable Items, or Benchmarks.

Clicking on Geocaches gives you a Show list of : Archive, Attended, Didn't find it, Enable Listing, Found it, Needs Archived, Needs Maintenance, Owner Maintenance, Temporarily Disable Listing, Update Coordinates, Webcam Photo Taken, Will Attend, Write note.

Edited by cerberus1

Is there a way to see a list of all my DNFs that I have not avenged? ...

The list of DNF logs will show all the DNF logs. If a cacher logs multiple DNF's on a cache, then it will be in that page multiple times.

However, this page will not allow the OP to see which of the DNF's have been avenged (found later). To achieve this, I'd suggest creating a Bookmark List and add all caches you've DNF'd to that list. When you view a Bookmark List, the caches in the list that you've found will be highlighted and you'll be able to see which of the DNF'd caches still haven't been found.

Creating and maintaining the Bookmark List will be an extra effort, so it's up to you whether it's worthwhile or not. I do have such a Bookmark List.

Edited by noncentric
  • Upvote 1

The list of DNF logs will show all the DNF logs. If a cacher logs multiple DNF's on a cache, then it will be in that page multiple times.

However, this page will not allow the OP to see which of the DNF's have been avenged (found later). To achieve this, I'd suggest creating a Bookmark List and add all caches you've DNF'd to that list. When you view a Bookmark List, the caches in the list that you've found will be highlighted and you'll be able to see which of the DNF'd caches still haven't been found.

Creating and maintaining the Bookmark List will be an extra effort, so it's up to you whether it's worthwhile or not. I do have such a Bookmark List.

Sure. It's just a straight list of all dnf logs, and doesn't show which ones have been found in the future. Unfortunately. I wish there was an easier way they could be seen.

^^ thanks so much for the information!! I give this response 5 stars : ]

I do the opposite: I have a bookmark list called "DNF" (clever, I know) and just keep all the caches I have not yet found on it until I can get back to actually make the find. It's stayed a fairly consistent length during my three+ years...roughly between 20 and 30 on there at any given moment.

The list of DNF logs will show all the DNF logs. If a cacher logs multiple DNF's on a cache, then it will be in that page multiple times.However, this page will not allow the OP to see which of the DNF's have been avenged (found later). To achieve this, I'd suggest creating a Bookmark List and add all caches you've DNF'd to that list. When you view a Bookmark List, the caches in the list that you've found will be highlighted and you'll be able to see which of the DNF'd caches still haven't been found.Creating and maintaining the Bookmark List will be an extra effort, so it's up to you whether it's worthwhile or not. I do have such a Bookmark List.
I do the opposite: I have a bookmark list called "DNF" (clever, I know) and just keep all the caches I have not yet found on it until I can get back to actually make the find. It's stayed a fairly consistent length during my three+ years...roughly between 20 and 30 on there at any given moment.

Yes, GSAK will work for the original question, i.e. DNFs that you haven't found yet, but it won't show the ones you later found. Apparently when you find the cache it deletes the DNF icon. I'm not sure why. There have been times when I wanted to see which ones I DNFed then found, or see when I DNFed a particular cache that I later found.

The list of DNF logs will show all the DNF logs. If a cacher logs multiple DNF's on a cache, then it will be in that page multiple times.However, this page will not allow the OP to see which of the DNF's have been avenged (found later). To achieve this, I'd suggest creating a Bookmark List and add all caches you've DNF'd to that list. When you view a Bookmark List, the caches in the list that you've found will be highlighted and you'll be able to see which of the DNF'd caches still haven't been found.Creating and maintaining the Bookmark List will be an extra effort, so it's up to you whether it's worthwhile or not. I do have such a Bookmark List.

Yes, GSAK will work for the original question, i.e. DNFs that you haven't found yet, but it won't show the ones you later found. Apparently when you find the cache it deletes the DNF icon. I'm not sure why. There have been times when I wanted to see which ones I DNFed then found, or see when I DNFed a particular cache that I later found.

I have GSAK, but I've never been able to get used to it, so I don't really bother with it. I know many folks swear by it, but I find it cumbersome and user-UNfriendly.