CITO Event games?

RiggsNC

Hi. We're new to GCing, only about 30 days old, but we've jumped right in and are loving it! Our normal event leader can't host one for this month so we're going to do a CITO event for the group Earth day weekend. We've only been to one event so don't have any experience with them but the one we did go to they played a fun game for a couple giveaways. We'd like to make ours fun too, can anyone share some game ideas with me? I don't know if I'm posting at the right place. If I'm not please let me know. Thank you!

CITO events are a bit different from your normal meet n greet and the focus really should be on the community service and shouldn't have a competitive aspect. But door prizes can be given out for things like traveled the greatest distance to the event, oldest/youngest to attend, found the most caches on the way there, has the longest running cache a day streak, first time attending a CITO (no you shouldn't keep the prize for this one ;))

Great thoughts! Thank you. I didn't really think about that, needing to let the focus be the clean up. But, I do like the ideas of some for prizes for most trash found and who traveled the furthest, etc. Now, any ideas of what I could give away? I'm so new I don't own a coin or tb or anything "geocachy". I still have time though to get a few things. Thank you!

You don't need to spend a lot of money. Simple gift cards for a local coffee shop, $1 camping matchstick holders from a bigbox store that already have a logsheet in them so the winner gets a ready to hide cache, something hand made that can become swag, etc.

These are good ideas. Food is always good too!

Love the coffee card idea! Just like $5 for the one who traveled farthest. We're in nc and last months event we had a couple from ny come just to go caching and hit our event! I don't understand the matchbox one.? Maybe because I haven't used them in years. Could you explain them a bit more, I'll look at walmart today. $1 is the perfect price!