Best Swag!

repcosy

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted on here for a while! I hope your all well!

I am hoping this year to cover a lot of Caches around the local area! Instead of buying Swag I was wondering is there anything I could maybe make? Or is there anything you have received that you really liked?

I sometimes think a lot of the things in these the caches are getting a little bit naff around our area and it would be nice to up the swag in them :)

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

I am hoping this year to cover a lot of Caches around the local area! Instead of buying Swag I was wondering is there anything I could maybe make? Or is there anything you have received that you really liked?

I sometimes think a lot of the things in these the caches are getting a little bit naff around our area and it would be nice to up the swag in them :)

Thanks Everyone!

This is a great question, and I can't wait to see some responses. I like making my own swag also. Right now I'm working on magnets that say "not all who wander are lost."

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Everyone!

I like finding things that other people have made.

Have a look at this google image search for: handmade geoswag, signature items geocaching, handcrafted items geocaching

Edited by L0ne.R

As my name suggests, I like to make handmade SWAG. Some of the things I have made lately include; peyote stitch seed bead bracelets, crochet ornaments, hand carved wooden pendants/charms, small crochet toys, bookmarks, hair clips, origami animals, hand painted geocoins/medallions... And always seal everything in a plastic Ziploc for protection against moisture.

But when I don't have time to make anything, (interlocking toy bricks) miniature figures make excellent SWAG too. My husband is a board member of a local (interlocking toy brick) group that does huge co-op builds for exhibits, conventions and such. He sometimes gives me the extras and duplicate (interlocking toy brick) leftovers.

Edited to remove brand names.

Edited by CascadeHandmade

As my name suggests, I like to make handmade SWAG. Some of the things I have made lately include; peyote stitch seed bead bracelets, crochet ornaments, hand carved wooden pendants/charms, small crochet toys, bookmarks, hair clips, origami animals, hand painted geocoins/medallions... And always seal everything in a plastic Ziploc for protection against moisture.

But when I don't have time to make anything, (interlocking toy bricks) miniature figures make excellent SWAG too. My husband is a board member of a local (interlocking toy brick) group that does huge co-op builds for exhibits, conventions and such. He sometimes gives me the extras and duplicate (interlocking toy brick) leftovers.

Edited to remove brand names.

I went with some little hand decorated glass beads, made into little bugs. Something a little different, cute for teens and also a little bit different for adults. I will also make some more child friendly trinkets some which aren't made of glass.

Hopefully someone will get some joy out of my handmade goodies! :) Thank you for your ideas!

Some more frown on this but I find the best swag at my Dollar Trees. They have the most random selection of stuff and you can find some real clever stuff. The best part, if your cache gets muggled it's no real financial loss.

I shall have a look thank you!

I love finding signature swag in caches. After finding the sig-swag of FastasPie & Oli&Marti, I decided to make my own. The first ones were "moon swag", a crochet swatch of a crescent moon on a navy blue background. When that yarn ran out, I wanted something that was suited to me. Foxes are my favorite animals, so I found a pattern for a fox face on Pinterest and haven't looked back! If you've found one, I hope you liked it!