Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
BAMA1986

Earthcache classification

Whatever happened to the ability to search earth caches by classification (type) on earthcache.org? I know it used to be there, but is now gone. Is there another place to conduct this search?

I know some EC Reviewers were looking in to adding this when Gary (Geoaware) was still around. Perhaps one of the people involved may comment - it was an offline spreadsheet only.

At some point I remember hearing that there was a huge backlog. Perhaps they gave up on it.

I hadn't checked it in a while. It was never an option (to my knowledge) to choose the category yourself; the earthcache folks had to do it. I can only imagine the backlog this created as more folks started creating earthcaches.

Just some random thoughts. I wonder if there's a way to set up filters on project-gc to achieve the same goal. I've seen filters built for Challenge Listing requirements. Maybe there'd be a way to group them together by category.

Another thought is bookmark lists. Both sound a bit tedious to implement.

Just some random thoughts. I wonder if there's a way to set up filters on project-gc to achieve the same goal. I've seen filters built for Challenge Listing requirements. Maybe there'd be a way to group them together by category.

Another thought is bookmark lists. Both sound a bit tedious to implement.

I like the bookmark list idea. That would allow lots of fluidity among classifications.