gpx file download

pipchacha

Hi,

Is there anyway of downloading bulk gpx files?

Regards

James

Up to 1,000 caches at a time. Use a Pocket Query.

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries that can be downloaded from the website. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or smartphone. You can select a GPX or LOC text file that works with supported software applications. You can run a Pocket Query once or set it to run automatically on a daily or weekly basis. You can run up to 10 pocket queries every 24 hour period, but each individual search can run only once per day.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=28

Does require payment to be a Premium Member.

Hi,

Is there anyway of downloading bulk gpx files?

Regards

James

As a Basic Member, you won't be downloading gpx files. You are only able to use .loc files.

Help Center → Finding a Geocache → Searching for a Geocache

2.11. How do I download geocaches to my GPS device?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=532

Basic Members

Basic Members can download geocache information in the form of LOC files. This file type contains only general information: the geocache listing title, GC Code, and coordinates.

LOC files can be downloaded one at a time from geocache listings by clicking the "LOC Waypoint File", located under the geocache coordinates.

Up to twenty LOC files can be downloaded from a search results page, after entering in the required CAPTCHA. Check the box to the right of the listings you want, and then check the "Download Waypoints" button at the bottom of the search page.

Cache information can also be printed from each listing.

B.

i can only seem to download still in LOC files not GPX

What download method are you using?

B.

I am just creating a pocket query and pressing the download waypoint button.

What I am trying to do it downloading all caches within say 50km of my home. so I want to download and transfer them to my gps in bulk, all in GPX files.

B.

What I am trying to do it downloading all caches within say 50km of my home. so I want to download and transfer them to my gps in bulk, all in GPX files.

The last box on the PQ page let's you choose GPX or LOC. Have you changed the default (GPX) setting?

A PQ (zipfile) does not contain individual GPX files for each cache. It contains 2 GPX files, one with caches, the other with waypoints.

B.

The last box on the PQ page let's you choose GPX or LOC. Have you changed the default (GPX) setting?

A PQ (zipfile) does not contain individual GPX files for each cache. It contains 2 GPX files, one with caches, the other with waypoints.

it is default set as a GPX file but it saves as a loc file.

when I get to page and click download way points. it saves as LOC file.

reading into it, it looks like every 3 days

is this correct?

No. A PQ can run every day on a daily base. Just the MyFinds PQ is limited to run only every third day.

Hans

NB: Please read again:

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries that can be downloaded from the website. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or smartphone. You can select a GPX or LOC text file that works with supported software applications. You can run a Pocket Query once or set it to run automatically on a daily or weekly basis. You can run up to 10 pocket queries every 24 hour period, but each individual search can run only once per day.

Mark up by me.

Edited by HHL

So I ran a pocket query 17 hours ago and it is still not transfered across to the downloaded side. Will it change across there right when it gets to 24 hours ?

Have you checked the box on the day you wanted the PQ? If a PQ has never been run before it normally runs within minutes. Also, remember that the day is Seattle time.

To the OP:

• Once you create the PQ, then you will see it in your list of PQ's.
  • You will need to check-mark a day for it to run (see the 1st PQ in image below). If you want it to run right away, then set it to the current date.
  • Once it is check-marked, then it will be in a queue and will run once server resources are available on the check-marked day. It seems to take a bit longer on Fridays than other days.
  • Once the PQ runs, then you'll receive an email notification, and you'll see it in the "Ready to Download" tab.
  • You would then go to that tab and click on the PQ name, then 'Save' the file to your computer.
  • Once it's saved to your computer, then you'll need to unzip it - which will result in 2 files, named like:
    15555555_NameOfPQ.gpx
    15555555_NameOfPQ-wpts.gpx
  • You'll want to move these 2 .gpx files to your GPSr. If you have issues with this part of the process, then let us know what type of GPSr you have and someone can help.

GC-pqdates.png

What is the process to unzip the file? I use Windows 10, sending to Garmin 600T. When I choose "open with" one option is 7-zip. I chose that one, and I'm not sure what to do from there.

• Right-click on the the zipped folder and select 'Extract All...'.
  • This will create a window that shows the file path where the files will be extracted to, or you can click on "Browse" and select it to go into a different place. I usually just use the default file path.
  • Then hit the 'Extract' button.