Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Sioneva

AT Bound

Starting a thru-hike in one week... :) Hoping I FINISH the thru-hike. I'm starting at Harper's Ferry, heading north to Maine, flying BACK to WV, then hiking south.

Wish me luck!!

Good luck! In my younger days, I finished half the AT in only ten years!

Have fun! Watch out for ticks and bears. We have a lot of bears in New Jersey.

Most of all: Enjoy yourself.

Best of luck! My sister did it a few years ago, and still reminisces on the fond memories of the hike and the friends she made along the way.

I'm in New Jersey now; I wrangled a rattlesnake yesterday. Headed for High Point.

Thanks for stopping in ! Perfect timing. :)

Went up Glen Onoko today, and with the almost 2 miles straight up boulder-hopping needed (and the 8 miles across the ridge line), I asked myself, "What happened to Sioneva?" :lol:

Good to hear everything's okay.

*laughing* Sioneva is dawdling through New Jersey. If I can get my feet in gear, I will climb the "stairway to heaven" at Vernon, NJ. Need to get my feet in gear.

Oooh, lucky you.

Pinwheel Vista's one of my favorite spots.

And saw a odd, all jet-black rattler there. :lol:

*laughing* Sioneva is dawdling through New Jersey. If I can get my feet in gear, I will climb the "stairway to heaven" at Vernon, NJ. Need to get my feet in gear.

You're very close to me. I live about 10 miles from Stairway to Heaven. Tough climb,but great view. There is a cache at the top. Shoot me a line briansnat@gmail.com and perhaps I can make a "trail angel" run. You may well be along Bearfort Ridge by now. Beautiful spot. Look for the Covert002 cache, it isn't far from the trail and has a great view.

I didn't see this message until today, and have already crossed into New York. :( But make a trail Angel run for the hikers behind me anyway!

I've enjoyed reading for the past couple weeks. Thank you for posting this topic and your blog entries. I'm still interested in pictures.

For some reason, my phone chokes when I try to add pictures to the blog. When I have access to a desktop computer again, I'll try again!

I'll hit Vermont tomorrow! Almost home! My feet are very swollen though, I may take a few days off to visit family and let them rest.

I'm sorry I didn't see this a month ago! I live on the NY NJ boarder near High Point and hike THAT part of the trail often. I would've looked for you with a care package. I've never had the guts to do a true long distance hike. I have done 20 miles in a day tops, then took two weeks to let my feet heal! LOL You haven't posted here in a while, so I hope you are doing well!

I'm up in the White Mountains in New Hampshire now... Taking a zero day today though.:)