Navigating Heads Up

I am using the new Android phone app. When I choose a cache I press Start and the map appears with a line pointing from my location to the cache. The map is always North at the top of the map. As with the Garmin and other GPS devices I would like the direction I am heading to be at the top of the map. That is, as I am walking the phone in my hand is always pointed to where I am heading.

I am using the new Android phone app. When I choose a cache I press Start and the map appears with a line pointing from my location to the cache. The map is always North at the top of the map. As with the Garmin and other GPS devices I would like the direction I am heading to be at the top of the map. That is, as I am walking the phone in my hand is always pointed to where I am heading.

Looks like the only Official GS App that can switch between "Track Up" and "North Up" is the paid iPhone App. And it's being discontinued. :rolleyes:

You can click the icon in the upper left corner of the map panel (the one that looks like crosshairs) to switch orientation. The second click triggers track up view.

Yes! That works! I tried it earlier, but somehow overlooked the 2nd tap. And I had to calibrate the compass (the Figure of Eight thing) to wake it up. Cool, it's similar in the free iPhone App. But my "old" iPad takes longer to calibrate. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion