Android App

Bluesjohn

I have the new android app and I'm trying to figure out how to save some Geocaches to it before I go out where I can't get a Wi-Fi or 3g signal, can anyone help please?

It takes some advance preparation. You make lists in the web browser. You then load them into the App.

You can make "Lists", and save the info on the App:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=769

You can checkmark choice caches to save in a list. Also, any Pocket Queries "available for download" (PQs that were run in the past 6 days) are also available in the App's a "List" selection.

Download a list of caches into the App, turn on "Airplane Mode", and try it out. This will give you a feel for what happens when you lose the data connection.

Edited by kunarion

I have the new android app and I'm trying to figure out how to save some Geocaches to it before I go out where I can't get a Wi-Fi or 3g signal, can anyone help please?

It takes some advance preparation. You make lists in the web browser. You then load them into the App.

You can make "Lists", and save the info on the App:

http://support.Groun...=kb.page&id=769

You can checkmark choice caches to save in a list. Also, any Pocket Queries "available for download" (PQs that were run in the past 6 days) are also available in the App's a "List" selection.

Download a list of caches into the App, turn on "Airplane Mode", and try it out. This will give you a feel for what happens when you lose the data connection.

I just did this the other day just after the release which allowed us to create a list from the search results. It seemed to work as advertised...at least I hope that it will because this weekend I'll be in Cuba where bringing a GPS into the country is illegal and I won't have a data connection either.