TB in inventory, cacher doesn't respond.

masafiqu

Hello,

since 08/17/2014 one of my TB's is in the inventory of a cacher. I tried to contact him several times, even in 4 different languages. Unfortunately I don't get any respons. What can I do? I already lost a couple TB's, wich is really anoying.....

Thnx for the help,

MASAFIQU

You can do nothing to get that cacher to release the TB.

- You can change the TB name to **STOLEN** to try to guilt him/her into releasing it. This will only work if he/she doesn't get mad, or if they look at the TB page, or if they care at all.

- You can mark the TB as missing, even though it's probably still in his junk drawer.

- You can use the code and send out another TB (a proxy).

Thnx for youre answer. Is there no possibility that he receives an message from geocaching.com acoording to releasing the tb?

Groundspeak typically won't get involved in Travel bug issues.

Here is what I do.

After a cacher has had my travel bug for more than a month or so I'll send a polite e-mail. something like this. "I was cleaning up some of my travel bugs and was wondering if you still had the "Great Bear" travel bug with you? Thanks. One e-mail possibly two is all. Any more is probably just going to make things worse.

I'll give it a few days and if I get no response I'll mark it as missing. Remember, marking it missing doesn't remove it from the game completely. It just kind of puts it in a holding pattern. I've had travel bugs marked missing for years suddenly pop back up again.

I haven't re-used the travel bug codes yet but it sounds like a good idea.

These things go missing all the time. To me the joy of watching them travel outweighs the fear of them becoming lost.

Thnx for youre answer. Is there no possibility that he receives an message from geocaching.com acoording to releasing the tb?

Groundspeak typically won't get involved in Travel bug issues.

Here is what I do.

After a cacher has had my travel bug for more than a month or so I'll send a polite e-mail. something like this. "I was cleaning up some of my travel bugs and was wondering if you still had the "Great Bear" travel bug with you? Thanks. One e-mail possibly two is all. Any more is probably just going to make things worse.

I'll give it a few days and if I get no response I'll mark it as missing. Remember, marking it missing doesn't remove it from the game completely. It just kind of puts it in a holding pattern. I've had travel bugs marked missing for years suddenly pop back up again.

I haven't re-used the travel bug codes yet but it sounds like a good idea.

These things go missing all the time. To me the joy of watching them travel outweighs the fear of them becoming lost.

Thanks!!

I tried to contact him several times, even in 4 different languages. Unfortunately I don't get any respons.

Go figure...

Several times, in four different lanquages?

When does "Just asking..." end, and harassment start?

One inquiry in both email, and the message center should cover all bases, and be more than enough.

If it makes you feel better, I just got a message that one of mine was dropped on 4/20/16 by the guy who picked it up 4/20/15 and had not responded to my contact. I chalked it up as a lost cause but I had also done so on another one that reappeared after a long time and was marked as missing by the cache owner and a cacher. It was picked up much later by someone who retrieved it from that cache where it was missing but eventually disappeared for sure when maintenance at the cache site destroyed the cache.

Losing trackables is the cost of playing the game and there is literally nothing you can do once you release it. Take a deep breath and sip a refreshing beverage and enjoy them while they last.