Load Maps To Garmin 60CSx

OzGuff

I am still using a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. Over the last few years I have moved house and purchase a new desktop. No idea where my original MapSource disk is and I would really like to update the maps I currently have loaded to the unit. And I am traveling overseas soon and would like to load maps for those countries.

Does anyone have a suggestion/hack that will allow me to do this? Oh, and it would be nice if you could also provide the location of some free map data sets.

Thanks in advance!

[...] and it would be nice if you could also provide the location of some free map data sets.[...]

Could you please provide your location first? So we can see what you mean by overseas (which is pretty relative by any means) and be able to suggest the correct map sources.

Hans

Hi,

For the Garmin 60CSx you can use OpenStreetMap derived maps from http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

You can compile your own map area from the tiles on the site. Remember to save your original IMG map file somewhere as only one IMG file can be used on the 60CSX at a time.

I use these maps on my own 60CSx with no trouble, they are loaded directly to the unit via the USB cable.

Have look, there's lots of help on the site, and if you need further help just ask.

Regards Bernard

I'm in the US. Traveling to Europe. Mainly the United Kingdom.

Thanks for the European resource.

I use a 3,6GB large OSM on a 4GB in my 60csx - works fine, although (logically) slowert then in newer devices. So use the link above or try:

http://www.raumbezug.eu/ag/internet/osmGarmin.htm

Although it's written in german: When you scroll down you will find maps for many countries.