Garmin only works on internet explorer?

Lyght

I looked but didn't see this topic anywhere so if I missed it I'm sorry for the repost.

I use two different gps, a Garmin Nuvi to drive to the location then an older Garmin ETrex10 once I get there to help find the geocache. They both work pretty well, the ETrex did take some getting used to but it works better than my cell phone in places with spotty 3G/4G. Problem is the only web browser I can use that lets me send the info to those devices seems to be internet explorer, all the other ones tell me they don't support the Garmin plugin. Internet explorer is painfully slow, does anyone know a better/easier/faster way to send the geocaching info to the gps?

I use Chrome and click on the gpx option to save it directly in the Garmin/GPX folder.

Since non-premium members have no 'GPX file' button, this won't work for them.

The Communicator works in Firefox. But you have to install the signed version from the plug-in store [Extra --> Add-ons].

Get a Mac and use the Safari web browser. :) Has always worked fine for me.

Why does anybody still use that old bloated piece of garbage Internet Exploder?

while I agree that macs are the way to go, in this specific case, it's much more cost efficient to just purchase a premium membership and use pocket queries with any browser.

I use Chrome and click on the gpx option to save it directly in the Garmin/GPX folder.

You are combining two issues. The GPX and save directly works on all browsers.

The Send to Garmin which uses the Garmin Plug-in does not work on Chrome or Edge. Not sure about Firefox since I don't use it.

On my Win 10 machine I have IE on the desktop that opens to Ride With GPS which needs the plug-in but don't use if for anything else.