Corrected coordinates

Torkan

To make this "new" official Geocaching app become a good geocaching app, puzzle- and multicache corrected coordinates MUST directly be shown on the map in the right (corrected) position AND in the right distance position in the list of nearby caches. A possibility to select and use own maps like OSM would be welcome.

Agreed. I would add that saving a puzzle cache with corrected coordinates is a waste of time until the app reliably saves those new coordinates. I have a list of over 500 solved puzzles (I need to get out more) and it's a lottery as to whether the corrected coordinates will be there or not. If they're not I would then need an ability to refresh the listing to get them back (as I can do with the old app). It makes the term "Offline List" a joke, but at least if I have data it's a work-around.

I am slowly moving from the old to the new app but was shocked to see that corrected coordinates (from the website) are not automatically displayed. How comes the new app can't do that while the old one does it without problems?? Very surprising.

The new app needs some serious work, just saying.... I truly hope they review all the comments/feedback being posted to these forums from their dedicated users and acknowledge them. The new app has great potential but is missing some key components that we all used previously. Not sure why they are missing or changed so dramatically......

The new app needs some serious work, just saying.... I truly hope they review all the comments/feedback being posted to these forums from their dedicated users and acknowledge them. The new app has great potential but is missing some key components that we all used previously. Not sure why they are missing or changed so dramatically......

When the new app was released, Groundspeak stated that features in the classic/paid app would end up in the new/free app. They didn't mention when that would happen though. It's been 3 months and the new app still lacks features that existed in the paid app. I guess "coming soon" means different things to different people.

All of the Geocaching Classic app's features are either already included or are coming soon in the Geocaching® app.

Corrected coordinates definitely needs changed. Once solved the map marker should be shown in the corrected spot and no longer the place it was placed by the CO. Without this it makes dealing with multiple puzzles or even an area of caches much more difficult by needing to back track or circle around multiple times.

Corrected coordinates definitely needs changed. Once solved the map marker should be shown in the corrected spot and no longer the place it was placed by the CO. Without this it makes dealing with multiple puzzles or even an area of caches much more difficult by needing to back track or circle around multiple times.

You actually need the option to display both (one at a time) -- the original location and the solved location.

Prime example of needing the original - is working with Geoart that are all puzzles. If you ALWAYS show the corrected locations, you'd never get to see your finished geoart.