Sending new cache for review

picassoL

Trying to submit a new cache for review. This isn't the first cache I've done, but it has been years since my last one and the process looks different. Seems pretty straight forward so I'm hoping my issue isn't user error, but instead a website issue, but for some reason I think that is doubtful. :) So, I've gone through each step, enter coords, provide description, put in D/T and attributes, etc. and then put in a note to the reviewer. Everything looks solid, push the save and prereview button. Nothing happens. Push it again, nothing happens. Go back through each of the screens, it is saving everything but the description disappears! I've done the entire process from start to finish 4 times with the same result. What the heck am I missing?

Trying to submit a new cache for review. This isn't the first cache I've done, but it has been years since my last one and the process looks different. Seems pretty straight forward so I'm hoping my issue isn't user error, but instead a website issue, but for some reason I think that is doubtful. :) So, I've gone through each step, enter coords, provide description, put in D/T and attributes, etc. and then put in a note to the reviewer. Everything looks solid, push the save and prereview button. Nothing happens. Push it again, nothing happens. Go back through each of the screens, it is saving everything but the description disappears! I've done the entire process from start to finish 4 times with the same result. What the heck am I missing?

Doesn't sound like you actually submitted it.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

1.6. Getting Your Geocache Listed Quickly

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=77

When you have the geocache listing ready, be sure that to click the "Submit for Review" button.

1.5. My geocache has not been reviewed

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=81

If you've successfully submitted a geocache for review, and have read the email from noreply@geocaching.com,

Submitted, unpublished geocaches can be seen on your profile page. If a geocache appears under "Your Unpublished Disabled Geocaches", you will need to go to the geocache page and enable the listing.

If the geocache does not appear on either list, there may have been an issue with the submission process, and you will want to submit the geocache listing again.

B.

From the other thread you started, it sounds like you are trying to submit a Multi cache. Maybe try a different type, like a Traditional. You can Edit the Listing after getting off the forms pages. Kind of the long way of going about it, but at least it might get you past the sticking point you appear to have hit.

Also, make sure you are not seeing problems with the placed date. You should see a little calendar widget that allows you to select the placed date on that page of the form. In some cases extensions, browser settings, or profile settings seem to cause that widget to fail to display and the date of the cache placement to not be parsed correctly.

Well, that changes things.

If you have chosen "multicache" as the type, then you need to input all additional waypoints before submitting it for review.

The stages need to be identified as either "virtual" or "physical".

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

1.21. Multi-Caches

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=559

1.17. Stages and Additional Waypoints

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=72

Guidelines:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

2. Multi-Caches

The coordinates posted at the top of the cache listing are for the first stage of a multi-cache.

Provide the coordinates of all subsequent stages of the multi-cache by using the Additional Waypoints feature.

If you do not want the coordinates for the additional stages displayed to the public, mark them as "hidden." Only the cache owner, reviewers and Groundspeak lackeys can view hidden coordinates.

B.

Thanks for your responses guys. The only thing I haven't tried is to try and set it up as a different cache type and then change it later. Sort of makes me nervous to do it, but I may try it tomorrow!

I'm trying to submit an earthcache. At no point do I see the calendar for place date (I see that with traditional caches, but the calendar isn't there for an earthcache). There has never been a submit for review button. After entering the reviewer note, the only button option it gives me is "save & preview" or "back". And nothing happens when I push the save and preview button (other than it wipes out the description I've entered).

Thanks for your responses guys. The only thing I haven't tried is to try and set it up as a different cache type and then change it later. Sort of makes me nervous to do it, but I may try it tomorrow!

I'm trying to submit an earthcache. At no point do I see the calendar for place date (I see that with traditional caches, but the calendar isn't there for an earthcache). There has never been a submit for review button. After entering the reviewer note, the only button option it gives me is "save & preview" or "back". And nothing happens when I push the save and preview button (other than it wipes out the description I've entered).

You'll need to give the earthcache reviewer proof of landowner permission (including a point of contact), or proof that you don't need landowner permission, for an earthcache. (I've had a couple approved that took cachers to highway rest stops and answer questions based on the landscape around; those did not need permission from the respective highway departments.)

There are some great threads in the Earthcache forum that might help, I recommend you head over there and do some reading, then post a question if you need more of a hand.

Cache types cannot be corrected by the Cache Owner AFTER publication. But prior to publication, yes you can do that! :anicute:
And it's actually a useful workaround for a few cases where an attribute would be appropriate, but for some reason the system doesn't make that attribute available for a particular cache type. You can change the cache type to one that does allow the attribute, set the attribute, and then change it back.

I couldn't "preview and save" my first (traditional) cache today either, same problem, so i went back, and everything disappeared. What a stupid, obsolete system. It took me a lot of time and I'm frustrated now. Now it supposedly saved the cache and I can't even find it to put a description again. Pointless.

Edited by 7fjell

I tried to submit a cache via my android phone a year or two ago. Couldn't get it to go through as it kept looping back to the start when i tried to save. After getting back home, i read somewhere that there was an issue when trying to do this with a phone. This may have been remedied but just in case, maybe this is the problem.