reviewers note

acachebox

I got a note from the reviewer that addition info was necessary on a cache I submitted. He requested I leave that info in a "Note to Reviewer". The only option I can find is in the "Log Your Visit" section on the cache page. Are they one in the same?

Click the "Log your visit" green button. It will take you to the "Post a New Log" page. You will see a "Select Type of Log" drop menu. In the drop menu, choose "Post Reviewer Note".

I hope that helps.

I got a note from the reviewer that addition info was necessary on a cache I submitted. He requested I leave that info in a "Note to Reviewer". The only option I can find is in the "Log Your Visit" section on the cache page. Are they one in the same?

This shows you exactly what you're looking for:

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

1.8. Working with the Reviewer: Communication

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=74

B.

Click the "Log your visit" green button. It will take you to the "Post a New Log" page. You will see a "Select Type of Log" drop menu. In the drop menu, choose "Post Reviewer Note".

I hope that helps.

Post reviewer Note That is where the confusion comes in. There is no selection so named in the Select Type of Log drop down. I used the "Write Note" selection but question if that was correct and if it got to the reviewer.

Edited by acachebox

I hope that helps.

Post reviewer Note That is where the confusion comes in. There is no selection so named in the Select Type of Log drop down. I used the "Write Note" selection but question if that was correct and if it got to the reviewer

Look at the Help Center article I linked to:

Are you seeing that "Post a Reviewer Note", option #2, under "Log Your Visit"?

Are you talking about an unpublished cache?

B.

Post reviewer Note That is where the confusion comes in. There is no selection so named in the Select Type of Log drop down. I used the "Write Note" selection but question if that was correct and if it got to the reviewer

Look at the Help Center article I linked to:

Are you seeing that "Post a Reviewer Note", option #2, under "Log Your Visit"?

Are you talking about an unpublished cache?

B.

Now it is getting interesting. Now there is a "Post Reviewers Note" as the forth option in the :Log Your Visit" drop down list. That option was not there before.

Yes I am talking about an unpublished cache. The reviewer had asked for additional info on the container. I posted a "Write Note" but questioned if that would have been seen by the reviewer.

Edited by acachebox

Now it is getting interesting. Now there is a "Post Reviewers Note" as the forth option in the :Log Your Visit" drop down list. That option was not there before.

Yes I am talking about an unpublished cache. The reviewer had asked for additional info on the container. I posted a "Write Note" but questioned if that would have been seen by the reviewer.

Whichever option it is, that is the one you should be using.

That is why the Reviewer asked you to use it.

B.

Now there is a "Post Reviewers Note" as the forth option in the :Log Your Visit" drop down list. That option was not there before.

The "Post Reviewer Note" option is present at all times prior to publication. It doesn't magically disappear and reappear.
I posted a "Write Note" but questioned if that would have been seen by the reviewer.
The sole difference to the cache owner between a regular "Write Note" log and a "Reviewer Note" log is that the Reviewer Notes will automatically delete when your cache is published. Since a "Write Note" log doesn't auto-delete, you should edit your log to change it from a Write Note to a Reviewer Note. Otherwise, after your cache is published, other players will see the private information that you provided to your reviewer about the container type, hiding place, etc.

Your reviewer sees all logs posted to a cache listing. There is no automatic notification feature built into the Reviewer Note log type. Reviewers will provide instructions on how to communicate in a manner guaranteeing they will notice when you've responded.

EDIT: I see you've already changed your log type. Yay!

Edited by Keystone