Is it possible to use the Garmin GLO with external power?

I haven't bought the Garmin GLO yet. The Garmin GLO's stated battery life isn't long enough for my use. Is it possible to use the Garmin GLO with an external USB power source? If so, is it as simple as just plugging the USB cable in to the power source? Any recommendation for a USB cable that's designed for use in the outdoors? I'm thinking of using an elastic band and tie both the external power source and the Garmin GLO together. Then use a very short, but durable USB cables to connect the two units together. Do you guys have a better suggestion on how to do this?

Thanks!

The GLO is wholly unnecessary these days unless you're using an older phone or tablet that doesn't have a true GPS receiver in it. If that's the case, you might want to put that money toward a newer phone or tablet. But anything you bought in the last two or three years has the same GPS antenna as a dedicated GPS unit.

Yes, it works while plugged in. FYI, the stock battery is 1100 mAh, so that gives you a feel for how much capacity of extra battery you will need. Any micro USB cable will be fine. Keep it in a waterproof bag. They are not water resistant.

Or you could swap batteries, although a little pricey. The model is BTC-GM10SL.

The GLO is wholly unnecessary these days unless you're using an older phone or tablet that doesn't have a true GPS receiver in it. If that's the case, you might want to put that money toward a newer phone or tablet. But anything you bought in the last two or three years has the same GPS antenna as a dedicated GPS unit.

My iPad doesn't have GPS and I'm not going to buy the 4G LTE iPad.

Yes, it works while plugged in. FYI, the stock battery is 1100 mAh, so that gives you a feel for how much capacity of extra battery you will need. Any micro USB cable will be fine. Keep it in a waterproof bag. They are not water resistant.

Or you could swap batteries, although a little pricey. The model is BTC-GM10SL.

I rather not swap batteries as I don't have a separate charger to charge the extra battery. Like I said earlier, I intend to use an elastic band to hold the battery pack and the GLO together. Do you have any suggestion on a high quality, but super durable USB cable that doesn't mind being bent repeatedly?

Really, I've not ever found a problem with a cable unless it was a dollar store mystery brand one. I do usually buy Monoprice for lightning cables. They have a lifetime warranty on the cables. But for micro-usb, they are so common and cheap, I'm not sure there is any reason to put in effort.