Bug in Favourite Points

jri

When I log a cache as found, at the bottom of the form there is a checkbox for the option to "Add to your Favorites (114 remaining)". When I tick this and Submit the log, the log is posted OK, but the cache does not receive a Favorite Point and the count of my points does not decrement.

I assume that this behaviour happens because my Premium Membership has lapsed.

I would have hoped that, having earned the points while a PM, I could still reward COs with them on the odd occasion I find something more worthy than a nano cache with a damp piece of papier mâché inside. If being an ex-PM, I'm not allowed to hand out Favorites, I don't think I should see the prompt to do so. Alternatively, I should receive some kind of error message when I try.

So I guess the forum shouldn't still show me in the "Premium Members" group either...

It doesn't.

Regarding the favorite points, you earned them as a premium member and you still have them, you just can't award them because that is a premium member feature. If you again become a premium member you will have 114 points you can award. Yes, in an ideal world you would get an error message when trying to award a FP as a regular member. But some times things are not always ideal.

So I guess the forum shouldn't still show me in the "Premium Members" group either...

It doesn't.

Interesting... it did when I made the post! And it's by no means the first post I've made since my PM status lapsed some months back. I guess that implies that The Powers That Be do read these forums, even if they don't always reply. rolleyes.gif

If your PM membership lapsed quite recently, and you don't log out of the GC system, it'll show you as PM still until you logout and log back in. I'm assuming the PM functionality (actually USING your favorite points) had gone away, even though you hadn't logged out yet.

If you had logged out since you lapsed, then I have no idea. :laughing:

If your PM membership lapsed quite recently, and you don't log out of the GC system, it'll show you as PM still until you logout and log back in. I'm assuming the PM functionality (actually USING your favorite points) had gone away, even though you hadn't logged out yet.

If you had logged out since you lapsed, then I have no idea. :laughing:

Nope. Pm status must be zapped by a Mod or Lackey.

It wasn't until I mentioned it (similar to this OP) that my pm status was changed. :)

Edited to add...

- But basic member to pm does change when you log out/in.

Edited by cerberus1