Travel Bug (camping or overseas)

Wombles of Woodlands

Hi guys,

Ventured out on our first Geocache expedition yesterday and stumbled across a Travel Bug that is nearly 11 years old!

The TB's goal is: To travel to the far reaches of our planet.

We have a conundrum -

we could take him camping with us in two weeks and deposit him in an area approx 300km (approx 200miles) from where we found him to an area he has never visited.

OR

we could take him with us to a Pacific Island in about 4 months, again to somewhere he has never been before?

As newbies, we're concerned 4 mths is too long to hold onto it.

Alternatively, we would definitely be helping him achieve his goal to get to the far reaches of the planet!

I guess we could do both?

What are peoples thoughts?

Cheers, lysm77

That's pretty cool finding a tb that old in the wild. I'd say go for it, but if you're concerned, I'd just email the TO and ask if that would be ok. After 11 years I can't imagine they'd have a problem with that especially if your taking to a place it's never been to before. I looked at the owner and I'm not sure if he/she is still active (last log in around April 2015). If it were me, I'd take obi wan camping and to the islands.

Edited by TheAuthorityFigures

That's pretty cool finding a tb that old in the wild. I'd say go for it, but if you're concerned, I'd just email the TO and ask if that would be ok. After 11 years I can't imagine they'd have a problem with that especially if your taking to a place it's never been to before. I looked at the owner and I'm not sure if he/she is still active (last log in around April 2015). If it were me, I'd take obi wan camping and to the islands.

+1

Owner hasn't been active since early-'15, but I'd send an email anyway.

It's still safe, if no answer, have fun ! :)