Logging groups of TBs at a given cache

acachebox

What app?

Geocaching.com

That's the website, not an app.

Are you referring to the bookmark icons we've helped you put on the homepage of your iPhone in the past? If so, you're simply logging into the website, not an app. Calling it an app just confuses things. If this is what you're talking about, you should be able to select the drop-down for multiple trackables in your inventory before submitting the log. If you want to visit all of them, you can click the small "All Visited" link underneath the list of trackables and it will automatically set all the drop-downs to "Visited".

If you're actually using an app and not the website, we'll need to know more about exactly which app, because they all work differently.

Edited by The A-Team

That's the website, not an app.

Are you referring to the bookmark icons we've helped you put on the homepage of your iPhone in the past? If so, you're simply logging into the website, not an app. Calling it an app just confuses things. If this is what you're talking about, you should be able to select the drop-down for multiple trackables in your inventory before submitting the log. If you want to visit all of them, you can click the small "All Visited" link underneath the list of trackables and it will automatically set all the drop-downs to "Visited".

If you're actually using an app and not the website, we'll need to know more about exactly which app, because they all work differently.

The app I have is Geocaching Classic by Groundspeak inc. That app opens to geocaching.com/my/default.aspx. Now that said the page I use to search for caches is most likely a bookmark from that web site.

Once I have found a cache and log it there is an option to visit the TBs that are in my inventory. However there is no means of selection ALL or defining a group of those TBs with that page. Even if the option to select ALL was available, and it is not, that would not work as several of my own TBs are included in that list and should not be included in the list that did in fact visit.

The app I have is Geocaching Classic by Groundspeak inc. That app opens to geocaching.com/my/default.aspx. Now that said the page I use to search for caches is most likely a bookmark from that web site.

That still doesn't help, because you're talking about two different things. The app that you download from the app store called Geocaching Classic does not open to the address you gave. It's an app. You don't visit web addresses as part of using the app. You must have another icon on your phone that goes to that address. If the website icon has somehow gotten labelled "Geocaching Classic by Groundspeak Inc.", then it's no wonder this situation is so confusing.

Just to help clarify things, when you're submitting your logs, which of the below do you see (or does it look like something totally different?):

app_log.pngwebsite_log.png

The page on the left.

Okay, things are clear now. You're using the Geocaching Classic app, not the website.

In that case, no, there isn't a way to bulk "visit" trackables. You'd have to add them one-at-a-time to your log. Things may work differently in the new Geocaching® app, but that's very much a work in progress and things will likely change significantly over the coming months as they add all the missing features and fix the numerous bugs.