Offline ?

I use a WiFi tablet I can't seem to find any way to use this app offline is there something I'm missing

What exactly are you trying to do? You may select and load a cache description, tap Go, switch to the compass, and at that point be either online or offline and follow the pointer. I have no data service once leaving a wifi hotspot, so that's what I do if I'm using that App. That's a way to find one cache.

The paid App was specifically designed to allow loading Pocket Queries and to load map tiles at the various cache spots. I can't recommend the paid App (GS is discontinuing it), but that's an example. Keep an eye on the free App if you like it, since it supposedly will get some offline features at some time. But these Apps expect that you've got great data service at all times, and therefore fail in various ways if you select anything that requires the App to connect.

There are Apps that can be pre-loaded with lots of offline stuff. One is the paid App "Locus Pro" and another is the free/donation App GSAK. I didn't like GSAK, so I tried Locus Pro, and it's OK! I had to research and download maps (I've loaded two non-routable US state maps), and I load Pocket Queries. For offline use, a handheld GPSr may be a better choice, except that an App is a faster way to load-and-go when a new cache notification pops up. I have a Garmin Oregon, but I'm using Locus Pro as a kind of database backup.

Edited by kunarion

There are Apps that can be pre-loaded with lots of offline stuff. One is the paid App "Locus Pro" and another is the free/donation App GSAK. I didn't like GSAK

You mean GDAK (Android) not GSAK which is Windows software.

I cache with an Oregon 600 but have a tablet with GDAK with me to have bigger photographs and a larger map for a better overview and occasional loading of a cache to the GPS.

There are Apps that can be pre-loaded with lots of offline stuff. One is the paid App "Locus Pro" and another is the free/donation App GSAK. I didn't like GSAK

You mean GDAK (Android) not GSAK which is Windows software.

I cache with an Oregon 600 but have a tablet with GDAK with me to have bigger photographs and a larger map for a better overview and occasional loading of a cache to the GPS.

Right, "GDAK". I also didn't like GSAK :ph34r:, but at least I was able to figure out GDAK. :anibad:

Edited by kunarion

I would like to cerate list save maps log finds all off line I know of other apps that I can use to get this done that I will have to use

im surprised to find the official geocaching to have this missing

The paid App includes that kind of offline capability. It is planned for the free App as the paid one is phased out.

I use a WiFi tablet I can't seem to find any way to use this app offline is there something I'm missing

it's extremely limited in it's offline functionality. i would suggest trying one of the unofficial apps on the market for much happier caching experiences.