Garmin 62cx - Won't change to map menu when on compass

Hi all,

I have a Garmin 62cx handheld that I use only for Geocaching. I have had an issue with the GPS for years and Garmin wasn't much help so I thought I'd turn to the forums.

When I am on the compass screen navigating to a cache that I've uploaded from Geocaching.com and I use the page button to change to the map screen it won't change to the map screen... it just remains on the compass screen.

Some more info:

- It won't do this if I am navigating to a waypoint I manually entered

- If I mark the cache as found it will allow me to navigate to the map page

- If I hit the page button and select 'Compass' (even though I am already on the compass page) then hit page and go to 'map' it will change to the map page

When I spoke to Garmin they said they didn't know what was wrong and informed me that Garmin doesn't 'officially' support caches from the Geocaching website so they told me they couldn't really help.

Any ideas?

Here is something to try:

1. On your compass page, press MENU. Change your dashboard from "Geocaching detail" to Geocaching.

2. On your main menu page change profile from Geocaching to Recreational. (This is useful if you try to navigate to a waypoint and the GPS keeps pointing you towards the nearest cache.)

Hope this helps.