Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LSUFan

Oddity that benchmarkers may appreciate

I don't know if my friends here have been seeing the flooding we are getting in Louisiana since Tuesday evening. In my town, we got aver 23 inches in a few days times. It has flooded many homes and washed out more than a few bridges. Anyhow, what is odd, is we got so much water, so fast, that it made our river flow backwards. Here is a newspaper article on it, with quotes from the Corp of Engineers.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/news/2016/03/11/ouachita-river-flows-backward-sterlington/81659592/

Wow. That is bizarre.

I hope the property of you and yours is safe.

Take care,

Yes TillaMurphs, I am fortunate, but some of my fellow denizens and neighbors aren't. This pic is just a mile north of my business, off of the same road. The white you are seeing is the top of a minivan.

82d94b06-8ab8-4918-afc5-31964908ae33.jpg?rnd=0.6236802

This was Interstate 20 Wednesday, west of us. Funny thing is, I was just on that same stretch of road less than 24 hours previously when the rain was just starting.

2c41c19b-d433-4892-9eac-6bfa54f57f05.jpg?rnd=0.6473184

We have lost several bridges due to this. I'll check later to see if any of them had benchmarks that may be lost due to repair/replacement.

Edited by LSUFan